New tank set up for Royal, the male VT Betta

OBIO

Today, Sharkbait and I went to PetSmart to pick up some items to begin the transformation of Royal's tank from being a hodge podge of brightly colored stuff to a calm, relaxing Zen Buddhist retreat kind of thing. And we picked him up some tank mates to live in the 10 gallon Shangra La with him. Here's the new video I uploaded to YouTube:

Tim

thanks all~~~I LOVE the tank theme, as for the fish~~~so far so good. The object is to get some schooling fish and also do not get any flashy/showy fish like male guppies etc. that will make the betta feel as tho he is in competition. Keep fins crossed that all works out for the long haul............... :teehee

Since your over stocked now be sure you do more water changes.

Love the new look.

Have no fears....water changes are priority when it comes to maintaining our tanks. I like to push the limits on tank stocking a bit...far more than I would ever suggest for the "average" fish keeper. We have an API freshwater master test kit and a Python water change hose thingie....and we put those two tools to work quite often. For us, water changes are 75% or larger every time and 20ppm Nitrites are way high in my book....I like to keep them below 10ppm at all times.

Tim