Sign in to follow this  
Akari_32

New guys!

Went to the LFS today.... Famous last words, right? :P

I had planned on one 8 inch white comet with an orange head, but he didn't look very good (been there a while), so instead I got two feeder sized comets. One is all white with blue eyes, who I think is a male, and the other is white with orange spots, who I think is a female. She's really neat because her spots are asymmetric =3 One side is all white other than her head and a spot on her tail, and the other is dominated by a big spot. I hope she doesn't change color too much as she grows. If any one could confirm or deny my guesses as to their gender, I would love them forever ;)

While these guys are intended for my pond, they are small enough that the 5 gallon tank I set them up will suffice for a decent amount of time, but they shouldn't be in there for more than a few weeks, tops. I was wanting to get the pond set up this week, but I had to work 5 days out of it, and the other two days, family was in town. Oh well... Stuff happens, I guess. Stupid stuff, ruining my plans >=(

Anyways, pics! They are in a 5 gallon flat back hex, with an AquaTech 5-15 gallon filter, which puts out 100 gph. Plenty lol I'm sorry the pics aren't very good, and the orange is faded. They're a bit feisty, and my camera was throwing a bit of a fit >.<

securedownload-4-3.jpg

IMG_0930.jpg

IMG_0932.jpg

IMG_0937.jpg

I'll put pics of the tank up as soon as PhotoBucket stops being stupid... <.<

fish are beautiful. congratulations.

it's a very small space to keep 2 single tails for the next month. they're very young and no doubt will require to do some fast growing in these early stages in their lives. please be sure to change the water every other day :)

Oh they certainly aren't going to be in there a month, I was just saying. But I know :) Since the tank is on the floor, I will have to spot clean with a turkey baster, then use the syphon. I make my own life complicated LOL

Geez these guys are such fatties! I wasn't gunna feed them until tomorrow, but they looked do hungry that I gave in, and they gobbled it all down, and now, 15 minutes later, are still looking for more! I want to give them more, but I know I shouldn't.... <.<

They are very pretty :)

And I'm sorry to say that while they are fairly small still, no goldfish should ever be put in a 5 gallon tank, even if you do daily 100% WCs.

Agreed...let alone two goldies, especially single tails that grow so fast. Can you get a plastic tub and put that on the floor.

Gorgeous Fishies :)