poor unfortunate souls

So I was at Wal-mart and of course went over to look at the goldfish. The wal-mart in one of my nearby towns usually gets in really interesting looking fish. However, it's Wal-mart afterall and the tanks usually look horrendous. So as I went over to look at the fishies I was as usual, disgusted. We're talking dead fish everywhere, skeletons everywhere with fish trying to eat them, dying fish, floaty fish, wayyyyy too many fish in a tank, etc etc etc etc. Now I am a complete dork, and I immediately starting singing Little Mermaid.... "poor unfortunate soulsss, in painnn, i neeed....." :rofl

But anyway, I brought three home. There wasn't anyone in the department so I just like, whatever, and caught, labeled, and bagged the fish myself. I picked out the a black moor female for my male, Quaxo, and two beautiful ryukin looking mutts that are probably distant cousins to my Sherby since this wal-mart always gets in fish that look like this and this is where I got Sherby. :) So I picked out a female and another male. :D

This is the female:

488089_3313031112805_2083106521_n.jpg

524142_3313031872824_981227708_n.jpg

Here's the black moor. They had a tank FULL of what look like demekin moors. I just stuck the net in and this is the one I got, I wasn't fussy since they were all gorgeous. :)

528942_3313034512890_1827925222_n.jpg

You can't tell, but she has a gorgeous ryukin hump. :D

And here's the male,

425478_3313067833723_1341549251_n.jpg

425478_3313067873724_2055423891_n.jpg

425478_3313068033728_1023450177_n.jpg

527983_3313029352761_1039847388_n.jpg

561128_3313028712745_982690052_n.jpg

The two ryukins are just gorgeous. Photos don't really do them justice. They have wonderful hump development and have huge chunky bodies. I can't wait to see how they develop color wise and for their tails to grow like crazy. :D

The only bad thing is when I got them, the female laid on the bottom twitching like crazy. I immediately prazi'd and starting salting and she's already swimming around and not twitching as much. :)'

"And do I help them? Yes, Indeed~"

Edited by Rai

haha I wish I was more like you, if I see a fish I want I just stand there for bloomin' ages hoping that someone will see me and get the hint lol

Beautiful fish though, congrats :)

What goorgeous Ryus. <3

The walmart where I am doesn't even bother with goldies anymore. xD they just have hardy fish like tetras and bettas. And are actually pretty excellent. The tanks always look a little understocked compared to pet stores, very clean, very well kept.

With some very bored person constantly hovering to help people. lmao.

Wow! Nice fish! LOL...you could have gone thru one of the self service check out registers & wouldn't have used a single Walmart employee!!!

• Supporter

Haha I loved the way you ended your post. Classic. Gosh they're all so pretty, but that male ryu is amazing, it looks like he'll get some blue coloring in those lighter patches. Congrats!!!!

Wow! Nice fish! LOL...you could have gone thru one of the self service check out registers & wouldn't have used a single Walmart employee!!!

WE DID!!! :rofl :rofl :rofl