Dexter and Texie

DeniseC

This is Dexter and Texie, I have posted pics of Dexter before, I don't think I have of Texie. She is just now coming out of her shell. I tried to get a pic of the Jack Dempsey, Davy Jones, but he still thinks cameras are devices of murder. lol

Amazes me how fast they grow.... This is Dexter, he is such a drama Queen. He starts dying a slow death everytime I clean his tank. I had been cleaning the room his tank was in the other day and had put a milk crate on a shelf beside the tank, not thinking of course, when I came back about 30 mintutes later he was <gasp> very near death, behind a rock laying practically flat. He made a miraculous recovery about 10 mins after I removed the crate. IMG_39882.jpg

Little Texie, she is finally starting to compete with the boys. She has learned to muscle in so she gets some food too. She is so pretty. IMG_40092.jpg

Karma does the I am dying thing every time I do a water change. Don't last long. He also use to float at the top on his side when sleeping but have not seen that in a while.

Your O is stunning.

Karma does the I am dying thing every time I do a water change. Don't last long. He also use to float at the top on his side when sleeping but have not seen that in a while.

Your O is stunning.

Thanks, I think he is very attractive, but I always wonder if it is the ole, "my kids are prettier than your kids" thing. lol. My husband cracked me up once when he said (he was serious now) "I wonder why the dogs we get are always prettier than other peoples dogs?" I laughed and told him I guess we were just lucky.

Ha, I would have had a heart attack if I saw Dexter floating at the top. I used to panic everytime he would start laying down until I read that was a common thing. lol

Wow what a Nice Oscar. I remember when I had two of them. :thumb:

Thanks.... I don't think I could handle two of them. lol Dexter is such a pig, it is a challenge to make sure the others get to eat too. ESPECIALLY when I dig them earthworms. Man he loves those.

• Admin

Wow what a Nice Oscar. I remember when I had two of them. :thumb:

Thanks.... I don't think I could handle two of them. lol Dexter is such a pig, it is a challenge to make sure the others get to eat too. ESPECIALLY when I dig them earthworms. Man he loves those.

I had two of them, till I figured out that a 45 gallon tank wasn't going to hold them. This was like 20 years ago. Silly me.

I had one like Hidr's and yours... Buddy and Thomson :thumb:

Gorgeous Oscar you have and little tex is a cutie too :) thanks for sharing your pics with us :) wish I could have a tank big enough for a couple of Oscars,

but it took me 3 years to get hubby to get me the 55 ;) lol

Dexter, he is such a drama Queen. He starts dying a slow death everytime I clean his tank. I had been cleaning the room his tank was in the other day and had put a milk crate on a shelf beside the tank, not thinking of course, when I came back about 30 mintutes later he was <gasp> very near death, behind a rock laying practically flat. He made a miraculous recovery about 10 mins after I removed the crate.

That is the funniest thing I read all day LOL

We are going to a 150 gal or 200g this fall or next spring. Luckily this room has a concrete floor, I could do any size I wanted. It has even occurred to me to do an indoor pond in that room sometime maybe.