Sign in to follow this  
Helen

frisky ryus :)

Wow, that's a lot of eggs! Very pretty fish :)

Goodness. They are very frisky! :rofl

It's always so entertaining watching your group, they really are a lively bunch!

Poor dear though, getting chased by that whole menagerie of boys. I do hope you have another girl in there to help keep those frisky fellas at bay.

Are you tempted to keep any?

At 1:57 what's that white lump on the orange ryu??

not really tempted. Alex suggested i should to see if they hatch. i've set up the 5 gal as instructed and thrown the first 10 in there, i have saved some as i am interested to microscope them for this stage being stage 1.

the lump is a bung scale. Leonidis was sold to me with that one off scale.. slowly slowly, it's grown like that, i have been tempted to pull it off but he's a very strong fish and i have a wussy partner :rofl

That was very entertaining :) She really didn't seem to mind all the attention did she ;) lol hopefully now she will not be floaty ;)

Dude Save them... This will be so cool hun your own crop of fish.... Oh do it save the eggs.

Take the log with plant out hun..... and into a tank WOOT!! :carrot:

not really tempted. Alex suggested i should to see if they hatch. i've set up the 5 gal as instructed and thrown the first 10 in there, i have saved some as i am interested to microscope them for this stage being stage 1.

the lump is a bung scale. Leonidis was sold to me with that one off scale.. slowly slowly, it's grown like that, i have been tempted to pull it off but he's a very strong fish and i have a wussy partner :rofl

Just imagine how amazing the fry would be if some did hatch! They'd be some fine fish there for sure. :)

Regarding the scale, its only because I have a weird situation with one of my Ryus, where around 4 scales in a clump have grown and stick out of the body, they've turned white too. If it's nothing harmful then I wouldn't worry :D

Just imagine how amazing the fry would be if some did hatch! They'd be some fine fish there for sure. :)

Regarding the scale, its only because I have a weird situation with one of my Ryus, where around 4 scales in a clump have grown and stick out of the body, they've turned white too. If it's nothing harmful then I wouldn't worry :D

thank you :) i might catch them on the next round.. the friskiness seems to be continuing and i will keep a better look out for eggs :)

re the scale, i have PM'd a few members to ask some information. i will be happy to share with you what i learn when they respond. i don't think that it's a heath issue at all as he appears to be really well.. but my curiosity is, if i pull that scale off, will it cause a problem or be just fine.

thank you :) i might catch them on the next round.. the friskiness seems to be continuing and i will keep a better look out for eggs :)

re the scale, i have PM'd a few members to ask some information. i will be happy to share with you what i learn when they respond. i don't think that it's a heath issue at all as he appears to be really well.. but my curiosity is, if i pull that scale off, will it cause a problem or be just fine.

Good luck, and keep us updated with any progress with the eggs!

I've seen the photos of you fish with the large scale now, it looks different to whats happened to mine! Would be interesting to know what would happen if you were to pull it off.

OMG they are so beautiful! Can you imagine offspring? Good luck with them all, Helen. Good God, now I want mor ryus. LOL

Holy eggsplosion! :)

They're looking gorgeous Helen :)

Stakos, i have to let you know that since i've heard you talk, i now read all of your comments with an accent in my head. :rofl

You're fish are just gorgeous, i can only hope mine turn out half as good looking! I am also pro-egg keeping from that bunch! :P

Crickey! There must be something going on cos my guys are "at it" too!!!!!

Helen your fish are all stunning!:)

I've seen the photos of you fish with the large scale now, it looks different to whats happened to mine! Would be interesting to know what would happen if you were to pull it off.

well, soon after the shoot, i had to handle the fish, i noticed that the lump is infact soft. so i decided to biopsy. i sedated Leonidis and took some samples. it appears to be a tumor, most likely benign. he's recovered well and is in qt with salt at 0.2%.. so, i have seeked some advise from members here who have had similar successful experiences in dealing with these situations. i am pretty confident i can remove it. i just need some reassurance from them. waiting to hear back. i have the biopsy on video. at some later stage, with koko's permission, i may start a thread about the ordeal.

OMG they are so beautiful! Can you imagine offspring? Good luck with them all, Helen. Good God, now I want mor ryus. LOL

haha! me too! home made giants :wub: not this time around tho. there's been to much happening to concentrate on raising fry. but i still have the 10 or so eggs in water separately, if they hatch.. well, good for them :rofl

Holy eggsplosion! :)

They're looking gorgeous Helen :)

:rofl :rofl i do like that term eggsplosion! lol.. thank you for your compliments :heart

Stakos, i have to let you know that since i've heard you talk, i now read all of your comments with an accent in my head. :rofl

You're fish are just gorgeous, i can only hope mine turn out half as good looking! I am also pro-egg keeping from that bunch! :P

aaww, just so that you know.. i really don't have an accent. most likely you do! :P lol

thank you, i would love to take credit for having raised what's in my tanks, but no, the current guys are all purchased. i did have fry many many stoneage years ago!. but i woke up, bam, they were there in my pond.. tiiiiiiny little buggers starring right back at me! lol.

Crickey! There must be something going on cos my guys are "at it" too!!!!!

Helen your fish are all stunning! :)

wowzers.. do you think hormones of these guys may have made it all the way to your tanks? lol :rofl

Haha! Touché, my dear! :P

Please let us know if you decide to raise any and good luck to your little guy with the tumor. :)

Wow!! you have really beauties there!!

congrats

i just realized i didn't address everyone's responses.. apologies, i was on the iPad at the time. that thing can have a mind of it's own.. sometimes, i swear it's greek!

Wow, that's a lot of eggs! Very pretty fish :)

thanks No2 :)

Goodness. They are very frisky! :rofl

indeed.. just like mumma.. :rofl:tomuch: (yeesh! i'm too old for comments like this!! haha)

Aw goldie love!

sure is.. lets hope they're in for another round, this time when i'm ready to catch the eggs :)

It's always so entertaining watching your group, they really are a lively bunch!

Poor dear though, getting chased by that whole menagerie of boys. I do hope you have another girl in there to help keep those frisky fellas at bay.

there are another 3 ladies there :o they were just not interested at the time! :rofl

That was very entertaining :) She really didn't seem to mind all the attention did she ;) lol hopefully now she will not be floaty ;)

nope.. haha :rofl

Those are some needy fish right there LOL

boys will be boys.. i tried feeding to give her a break.. nope, they weren't interested in food!.. lol

Dude Save them... This will be so cool hun your own crop of fish.... Oh do it save the eggs.

Take the log with plant out hun..... and into a tank WOOT!! :carrot:

trying hun, i saved just under 20 eggs, but nothing seems to be happening with them yet.. i do see little dots in them,. but nothing really entertaining yet. they'd gobbled most of them up before i could get a chance. she was like a candy dispenser at a kids fare! :rofl

Wow!! you have really beauties there!!

congrats

thanks hun :)