The reincarnated/resurrected Ghost Shrimp (x10)

So in my betta tank, in February I got 3 ghost shrimp to keep my Om company.....he was tailbiting and all of the shrimp chaos seemed to calm him down and interest him in hunting rather than eating his own flesh.

I gave one shrimp (Brock) away to my friend, Misty was eaten by Om, and every other day there is a new way for Ash to be brutally murdered.....

One day Omelette had a super-swelled-up belly and was just sitting at the bottom of the tank. I did a water change. No shrimp to be found. That's what happened when Om ate Misty, so, slightly saddened, I went away.

Ash disappears every 2 days, and even when I do EXTREMELY thorough water changes/water swirls, I cannot SEE him. Even when I take my brine shrimp net and go nuts picking up any little junk floating around.

For the billionth time I thought Ash had died a week ago. Someone mentioned that if the water temp gets above 80, the shrimp will cook.

Well the house has been around 90 degrees (well mainly my room) and the betta tank's temp rose to 87. It stayed that way for 6 days. Knowing Ash was gone, and not having seen him for those 6 days, I thought he was dead.

Just yesterday I woke up only to find little Ash toodling around with a pellet in his claws.

I hadn't been supplying any extra pellets for like a week.

Go figure.

I'm considering starting up a nice little 1-gallon refuge for this shrimp....he's like a miracle shrimp. I cannot believe how many times he has passed by death. He's insane. He deserves a nice retirement home. I mean, honestly, if he was eaten or died now, I might actually cry. I got attached to a SHRIMP.

Hehehe! Now I'm considering something....hear me out....

My neighbor has a vacant house that he rents out to people. The last renters left a 29 gallon fish tank, so he decided to give it to ME (Praise the Lord! lol).....It came with 2 heaters, tons of pebbles, rocks, a background, and a nice hood with a light.

Now, maybe I can pop in some tropical fish and have a whole colony of RCS in there and put in little Ash with them. However, I know NOTHING about tropicals so maybe it wouldn't work!

But now I have a 29 gallon tank to work with....as well as 2 budgies, 2 starlings, 2 cats, 1 dog, 2 goldfish, a betta, and a horse xD

I think I'm a bit overloaded ^____^

But I DO want to adopt out my 2 little starlings to some people on StarlingTalk forum....one woman says she will drive the 3.5 hours to my house to pick up Jack....but nobody wants Jill. Which I'm kind of happy about, because I am owned by Jill, and Jill will let NOBODY touch me when she's out of her cage. When someone will try to hand me something, she'll flutter down and peck the hell out of them....good attack bird to chain up in front of my house :clapping:

I love all of my pets but honestly I just won't have the time for 2 starlings.....I'm starting high school this year, and I'll be getting home at 6:30-7:00 each day. I'll have homework usually till midnight or later, and some nights I won't get any sleep.....Which means that while I do homework I can let the budgies fly, I can clean the fish tanks, my dad will hang out with the dog and cats during the day.... Well I've figured it all out, but I just can't keep those darling starlings!! I'd have to bring them down to the exercise room and give them undivided attention for 2-3 hours a day...time I only have in the summer.

As for now, I cherish my little birdies, but I am really scheming to set up something magnificent in the new tank. Possibly involving Ash....

Wow sounds like you have a lot on your plate! I hope that it all works out with the new tank. I have never considered owning shrimp as a pet until I read your post but now I am kinda interested in it. It's basically the only pet that is suitable for 1 gal or smaller tanks.

Wow sounds like you have a lot on your plate! I hope that it all works out with the new tank. I have never considered owning shrimp as a pet until I read your post but now I am kinda interested in it. It's basically the only pet that is suitable for 1 gal or smaller tanks.

Honestly I love them to death and they're just AMAZING. When someone asks if they should get a shrimp, I always exclaim about how amazing they are and how much I love them! Hehehehehe my British Bombay cat Simon just crawled onto my lap. He's kneading, purring, and rolling. BTW Bombays are the best CATS you can get... for future reference ;D

• 3 weeks later...

Honestly I love them to death and they're just AMAZING. When someone asks if they should get a shrimp, I always exclaim about how amazing they are and how much I love them! Hehehehehe my British Bombay cat Simon just crawled onto my lap. He's kneading, purring, and rolling. BTW Bombays are the best CATS you can get... for future reference ;D

haha bombays are the velcro cats right? Always attached to ya. They are quite cute but unavailable in my area.