Sign in to follow this  
GoldfishGraycee

The Two Noobs! =)

As some of you know, my tank just recently finished it's cycle after a very long three months! I had a hard time deciding whether i wanted to do 2 goldies in my 30 gallon, or let have 1 special one have all the space for himself. After hearing from you guys that it's really much better for them to be together, i have gone with these two little lovies!

I believe I will call this pretty little fella(?) Pinto:

http://i1147.photobucket.com/albums/o542/jk10611/DSC03101.jpg

The darker one in the back has been dubbed Percy. He still has a lot of fry coloring, but in the light he looks like he has some nice lemony yellow underneath! He is a little more camera shy and hard to get a picture of.

http://i1147.photobucket.com/albums/o542/jk10611/DSC03104.jpg

Showing off their cute 'lil faces!

http://i1147.photobucket.com/albums/o542/jk10611/DSC03107.jpg

So far today they're just taking it easy. Tomorrow i will start the salt and prazi process although so far there hasn't been any fin clamping or yawning and they have been nice and active. Pinto seems to have either a funny shaped tail or was getting nipped at by the other fish in the tank... I am going to see if salt and water changes will help with this. Feel free to comment and let me know what you think it may be.

I also found a store about an hour away from me that has Nerite snails so after these guys are done with quarantine I would like to go up there and pick up a few! Thanks for looking, i am very excited to finally have some precious gold ones! :D

:Congrats:

They are both very pretty :)

They are very pretty!!!!! Love the coloring :) Congrats after the long death cycle lol

There are very pretty, I love Pinto's face!

I love the colouring :)

They are too cute :) Congrats :)

Congrats! I love them so much!

oh that Pinto is such a cutie :) both are very pretty and I lve their coloring too :) congrats!!!!

:clapping: Both are very pretty~~~LOVE the look of Pinto~~~Percy is nice looking too.... :druel . You are making it hard for me too be good... :rofl

Congratulations on the fish AND the cycle :clapping: That can get a tad frustrating,yes? :krazy: They look very happy in their new home :bounce

Oh wow, they are just to cute :thumb:

Congrats :)

Oh my gosh! Yay! I'm so happy for you! You've been waiting for a while now! :)

Congratulations, they are absolutely adorable!

Congrats, they are both adorable!! :)

Very cool fish, havent seen any quite like those before! BTW, snails need quarantine too so maybe it would be a good idea to quarantine them together? I was worried that prazi might hurt em but I found this post: http://www.kokosgoldfish.invisionzone.com/forum/index.php?/topic/78760-prazi-and-snails-safe/ which seems to say it is safe, and nerites are actually brackish to saltwater snails so the salting should not harm them at all!

So cute, I love their tails. I think you will have interesting color development with these guys :)

:Congrats:

They are both very pretty :)

Thank you, Alex! :)

Edited by Graycee

They are very pretty!!!!! Love the coloring :) Congrats after the long death cycle lol

Haha! That's certainly what it felt like! :rofl It seems all worth it now, though. :)

There are very pretty, I love Pinto's face!

Thanks, me too! He seems to have the chubbiest lips. :P

I love the colouring :)

Thanks, Edianna! They seem to contrast with the blue background pretty well. :)

They are too cute :) Congrats :)

Thank you!! Do you plan on getting a friend for your little Castor any time soon?!

Congrats! I love them so much!

Thank you very much! I am a happy fish Mommy! :D

oh that Pinto is such a cutie :) both are very pretty and I lve their coloring too :) congrats!!!!

Thank you! He definitely knows he has a puppy dog face and uses it against me, I swear! ;)

:clapping: Both are very pretty~~~LOVE the look of Pinto~~~Percy is nice looking too.... :druel . You are making it hard for me too be good... :rofl

Thank you!! I am excited to see what Percy has hiding under all those freckles! I like that it's making it difficult for you to be good, it means I can live my dream of a goldfish house through you! :rofl

Congratulations on the fish AND the cycle :clapping: That can get a tad frustrating,yes? :krazy: They look very happy in their new home :bounce

Ugh, definitely! It was so much easier having everyone's support on here, though! And so worth it, as well!! Thank you! I hope they are happy, too!

Oh wow, they are just to cute :thumb:

Congrats :)

Oh my gosh! Yay! I'm so happy for you! You've been waiting for a while now! :)

Congratulations, they are absolutely adorable!

Thanks so much, guys! Koko, you definitely got me through this! I hope they will live long, happy lives with me! :heart

Thank you, Ms. Jenny! :D

Very cool fish, havent seen any quite like those before! BTW, snails need quarantine too so maybe it would be a good idea to quarantine them together? I was worried that prazi might hurt em but I found this post: http://www.kokosgold...nd-snails-safe/ which seems to say it is safe, and nerites are actually brackish to saltwater snails so the salting should not harm them at all!

Ooooh! Thank you for that! I will be up in the area in the next week or two, so hopefully they will have some that I really like!

So cute, I love their tails. I think you will have interesting color development with these guys :)

Thank you! I like the contrast between Pinto's nice flowy tail and Percy's short, stubby one. :P Do you think Pinto will change color much? I am really intrigued to see how Percy develops!

*sorry all these replies got chopped up so much. For some reason it wouldn't let me quote multiple people at once?

They are gorgeous! That is an unusal color to Pinto.

:)

Lets see them grow as big as soft balls :thumb:

wow, they both have amazing coloring! Nice finds :D