Newbies, now with names!

I did some hardcore tank cleaning today. So While I was at it I put the new guys in the smaller one for some good photos.

they have all survived QT long enough to get names! c:

First off is Gaston. He is the one I suspect is not a fantail, but actually a Ryukin.

Named Gaston from Beauty and the Beast because he was a little bully in the tank at the store. I got him because he looked SO healthy, super active, and I crossed my fingers that he would be less aggressive at home in a bigger tank with fewer fish.

I was right! He is lovely now.

It's kind of funny, because when I very first started getting goldfish all I wanted was a calico Ryukin. And now I may have inadvertently gotten one.

H76RE.jpg

0WiNv.png

And here is Antoine. The unique one of the group.

He was impossible not to come home with, because he is just so striking, really. He is a lovely fish.

Though, ah, I am kind of concerned. Because he is VERY long bodied I notice? And it occurred to me that not a week before I got him they had Wakins in that tank. Though he was labeled fantail, I'm worried now. Some second opinions on that will be appreciated. Compared to the other goldies he is VERY long bodied. And he is, length wise, Gastons size...

y2a3A.png

p4VoI.png

And finally, Jaques (Pronounced like Jaques Cousteau)

I wasn't going to get more than two at first, though i had room for four. But he kept staring at me with his amazingly derpy face, and his mustache. Which I know may go away later on, but it makes him look so snooty right now. In a silly way.

s4AJW.png

THGUT.png

287uC.png

As you can tell, around where I live you cannot find big fish. Fifi was the biggest I have come across.

Edited by Drowsy

:Congrats:

Thanks!

Any opinion on what you think Antoine is? xD I may have to make a post in the 'what breed am I' area..

Edited by Drowsy

:Congrats:

Thanks!

Any opinion on what you think Antoinne is? xD I may have to make a post in the 'what breed am I' area..

Looks like a long bodied fantail, maybe a little comet in it!

He looks like a fantail to me. Perhaps he might be a little bit long, but not by much. Wakins are shaped more like commons, with a double tail.

Lovely! I love Gastons name and his little spot on his head! Antoine does look long but I suspect he is also a tad skinny, I think once he bulks up a bit he'll become more proportional c: they're all really lovely!

He'll be sure to bulk up here! c: They get a good, rounded diet now. I think I made good picks this time around. They are all doing well.

Thanks so much. <3

congrats on the fish........... :druel .............they are all very pretty...........my fav is Gaston then Jaques and antoine. I believe too that antoine is a fan tail..just a longer bodied fish............... :D