Axolotls and goldfish?

I've just upgraded to a 40 gallon Breeder tank for my Common Goldfish, RedTop Oranda & Black Moor

My black moor is not feeling well, so i don't know if he'll make it to the new tank...Axolotls are awesome looking and while i have read that they look at goldfish as food, i'm not sure if that'll be the case with 'larger' goldfish like i have

Whats your thoughts on a Common Goldfish & RedTop Oranda sharing a 40 Breeder with an Axolotls ?

Absolutely not, unfortunately.

1. They need different care requirements

2. They will stress each other out. If the goldfish are small, the axolotls will try to eat them. If the goldfish are large, they may stress the axolotls out a great deal

3. Axolotls are prone to catching infection from the goldfish

4. You are already at max for fish, and axolotls produce just as much, if not more waste

Absolutely not, unfortunately.

1. They need different care requirements

2. They will stress each other out. If the goldfish are small, the axolotls will try to eat them. If the goldfish are large, they may stress the axolotls out a great deal

3. Axolotls are prone to catching infection from the goldfish

4. You are already at max for fish, and axolotls produce just as much, if not more waste

Hmm, Maybe a Axolotis only tank...I did promise my 29 gallon to my daughter to use for her room....But what 6yr girl wouldn't love having Axolotis watching them while they sleep! :carrot:

I sort of expected that you Niffarious, would have Axolotls in your tank because of your profile pic!

Edited by knoids

I was lucky I had such understanding parents at that age also. I might not have had axoltols, but I did have a tank full of newts to watch me while I slept! Haha

• 1 month later...