Field Trip!

So, in the hope of making amends for being an absent friend, I thought I'd post some photos from our trip to the neat Fish-O-Rama somewhat close to us today. You guys have seen us here before!

We saw so many neat things. I couldn't take a photo of each...but Little Breeches and I thought these were the best photos to share...and a video of the goldie section.

love-1.gif

221.jpg

222.jpg

223.jpg

224.jpg

220.jpg

219.jpg

218.jpg

217.jpg

216.jpg

215.jpg

214.jpg

213.jpg

Video Linky

It's really like an aquatic zoo! They have 3 "halls" of both fresh water and salt water fish, loads of coral tanks (baby octupus, urchins, loads of mollusks and shrimp)... It's massive! I made the long drive in the hopes of them having more goldie food options, and to a certain extent they do, but the 40% mark up is a load to bear! This is the store Leroy came from. We bought our (ironically) most healthy fish Herman from PetS***t as a wee babe. I can thank that purchase for bringing me to Koko's!

Little Breeches surprised me with her knowledge of the different species. We homeschool..so our methods are a bit different from main stream, but I can thank a 10 year collection of "Ranger Rick" magazine for her quick identification of many fish and mollusks! She amazed the gent who was showing us around. Much to the pride of her mother!

The prices for goldies of the fancy variety are very reasonable. If only I had a larger tank! (As so many of us dream I imagine!) As it is, our 29 gallon Craigslist find will only ever hold our two (fingers crossed!).

Wow just amazing! :heart the platinum ryukin and the lionheads/ranchus. I love that store. The dollar-per-gallon sale is happening now, just saying! ;)

Edited by Golden fishy

Thanks for the pics! Little B is adorable as always :)

I love the tank in the very last photo. They got one set up as tropical show tank at Fintastic. This tank actually holds 40 gallons of water, it is much more voluminous than it looks. I'd love to have one of those planted for small tropicals.