Draining the Tank:

20120620203139.jpg

Planted:

20120620210228.jpg

Finished:

20120620211655.jpg

ceramic noodles ive used for the filter:

20120620203249.jpg

Its my Birthday tomorrow so ive convinced the other half to go get more sand while im at work lol.

couple of notes on plantsalive, The plants have arrived in very good condition, however i was a bit disappointed with the lack of grow tabs(i only got 8). Delivery was really quick i wasn't expecting them till the end of the week. I also had it in my head that there would be more coverage however i suppose there will be once they start to grow.

Thanks for looking.

oooh congrats on the plants!! new plants are almost as fun as new fish ;) The tank looks great. I'll be interested to see how it looks when things have settled and grown in a bit :)

yep think when i get more substrate ill move a few around, looking again think i need to spilt up the grass a bit more and see if i can encourage a carpet, also thinking i will order from plants alive again for the goldfish tank, if im not mistaken the majority of plants here are goldfish "safe"

Very nice! Try to put the taller ones in the back and short ones in the front, it leaves a nice effect.:)

I think it looks very pretty, but you might end up moving some of the plants further back. Maybe.

Either way, I like it very much! :)

In the 2nd picture.....what are the plants that are on the bottom right? I bought one from Petsmart but it slowly died and I never figured out what it was. It just WOULDN'T GROW!! Even when I had the lights on 13 hours a day.....

Gorgeous tank anyways :carrot:

Your tank and plants look fantastic! I quite like it! :)

Happy Birthday!

In the 2nd picture.....what are the plants that are on the bottom right? I bought one from Petsmart but it slowly died and I never figured out what it was. It just WOULDN'T GROW!! Even when I had the lights on 13 hours a day.....

Gorgeous tank anyways :carrot:

think there the Amazon swords, there's a bit of dwarf grass there too, ive moved them about a bit and have the guppies in.

thread here: http://www.kokosgold...__fromsearch__1

Still need to get my hands on a CO2 Diffuser though as my plants are also turning brown and dying atm, trying to get hold of a diffuser and some flourish however the site i want to buy from is blocked at work :(

Thank-you all for the kind comments, and thank-you Alex, feeling old now at 26 lol.

Guppies are doing fine and all my amano shrimp(5) have malted there skins and are in hiding somewhere in there, think we have have identified a female guppy though, which i plan to take back when i get the chance (this weekend im at a chili festival)

Edited by dodge245

Thats a very nice tank....

and

Happy Birthday :)

Looks really good. You can find really cheap diffusers on Ebay (like 5 bucks). Good luck. :)