Cottony tufts on my plants?

Hey,

I'm cycling a planted tank, brand new. It's been about 2 weeks since I added the Sword. It has tiny little tufts just kind of stuck to it. They look like cotton strands, about .5 mm in length and maybe .01 mm wide. They're very small, but there are a lot of them.

My anacharis died (I think I over bleached it, whoops) and just kind of melted, so I vacuumed most of it out, but there are still bits of it in the tank (I left them in to decay to generate a bit of ammonia and fertilizer for the other plant).

Should I be worried? No fish in here, just the one plant.

I haven't tested the water recently so I don't know any relevant levels...

Can you put up any pics? I've noticed the growing tips of some anubias and aponogeton will get this sometimes. As the grow it goes away. Is yours all over the leaves and stems or just at the tips?

My phone broke (taking a video of my aquarium actually). I don't know that they'd show up anyway. They're all over the leaves, but not to the point that you can see them from a few feet away.

To be honest, I may just be paranoid. I'm guessing it's bits of the Anacharis that disintegrated...

BTW how did I kill anacharis? Isn't it supposed to be super easy to grow?

lol. Anacharis is generally easy to grow. It may have been a reaction to the bleach, however there may also not be adequate nutrients for your plants since you are fishless cycling right now :) You may want to try a nutrient supplement like seachem flourish and/or root tabs (if you have any heavy root feeders) until you get fish if you continue to have issues (once you get your fish this will be a non issue as goldies generally create more than enough nutrients for plants ;) )