Sign in to follow this  
Sweetmochi

Blackmoor Dying?

That's a sad thought (in case she does have a permanent injury) :(

We'll keep going with the gelfood and water changes and I'll post another update in a week or so.

Thanks again Alex.

I think blackie is losing color because of age(this is very common and not dangerous) .Anyway I think you are doing fine and blackie should heal.

I'm wishing Blackie all the best, Mochi. I hope she doesn't have a permanent injury. :hug

C&CF, carassius auratus (goldfish) can go through several colour changes during their lifetime. There's no real substantiation that states age and dulling of colour are necessarily related, just like in some humans. Provided a proper diet is maintained goldfish can keep vibrant colouration for many years into their possible 20+ year life span. Goldfish are truly an amazing animal to study sometimes. :)

Thanks guys. Yes Blackie is a sweety, even more so now that she allows human contact (being hand-fed every morning). Still doing our best and crossing our fingers that whatever it is that is keeping her on her side heals soon.

RIP Blackie, may you swim beautifully again in fishy heaven. We love you and we will miss you.

I am so sorry :( you did everything you could :heart You are a great fish mom :hug