New-to-me 77 gallon corner Fluval tank :)

ShawneeRiver

Hi everyone! I've been talkin' trash about the great tank that I found on Craigslist for a few months, but I finally got it up and got pictures. This is the Fluval Venezia 350. http://www.hagen.com...nza+Venezia.pdf

I had a tank in the corner, but what I really wanted was a big corner tank. I found this one at a lfs and drooled over, but I had no plans to buy it new. It was way too much for me. So I started watching CL, and actually, I found this one within a couple of weeks. It was within easy driving distance and was reasonably priced. Husband agreed, so we went to get it. It took me some time to get all the parts cleaned up and get the existing tank out of the way, but we finally got is set up recently.

It's running with a Fluval 405 canister, and the intake and output are connected through the bottom of the bottom of the tank. It comes pre-drilled. The previous owner added an internal filter, which I'm also using. Red gave me great advice about putting the canister in a bucket, and I'm thankful I did that because it leaked the first night (it's my first canister). But I switched to a small garbage pail, and that works great. It's easy to move around and will hold a lot of water in case it leaks again.

The substrate is pool filter sand and multi-purpose sand. The back corner is planted with a lot of crypts; there are asian vals on one side; the driftwood and vase have two kinds of anubias, java fern and willow moss; and in the center is some kind of huge cypt. The plants came from my 55, and they didn't do well in there, so I'm hoping they will begin to fill in this tank. The tank has four T5 lights built into the hood.

Occupants are Goldeen, Gwen, Black Eye the Pirate, Poopsie, Oreo, Poof and Eggbert. :)

So far, I think this set is amazing. It's easy to care for and looks great. I'm thrilled and thankful that I was able to get it. :9

Tank:

7376603630_15df3a2a17_c.jpg

View from the front door:

7376604218_f7d2836a98_c.jpg

From the kitchen:

7376603356_2758c61fe6_c.jpg

Before planting:

7316592372_af3f2527ce_c.jpg

Today:

7376668288_2433f542b4_c.jpg

Finally, I have storage! Yes!!!

7376604000_ddaf4305be_c.jpg

Canister in a trash can and connection to the bottom on the tank. :)

7376603016_2483bb3a53_c.jpg

A not-so-good picture of my 36, home to Harry Potter and Peaches, the mystery bottom sitters. My plants were doing great. The vals reached the top of the tank, but one of my lights won't stay on, and growth has slowed. Also, this is the acrylic tank that my son scratched badly and that I buffed. It's not perfect, but it's much, much better. Here are before pictures: http://www.kokosgold...r-old-who-wins/

7376667898_078585d0fa_c.jpg

Edited by ShawneeRiver

• Replies 145
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Thanks, everyone. I swear that the goldfish matching the decor is a coincidence -- that's not why I got them. :rofl

This one is the keeper. I've tried out three other tanks -- a 20, then a 36, then a 55 -- but this one is IT! :heart :heart :heart

Edited by ShawneeRiver

Wow that is one attractive tank! I always like those tanks that are a different shape than the same old box. Great find!!!

Thank you! Decorating is my hobby, so thanks for letting me show off. ;) And I always am suggesting Craigslist to people here. Not only did I find the tank there, I also found all of my wood furniture there. It's all mid-century modern walnut. I paid less for all the wood furniture than I did for the tank! :carrot:

Courtney, I put the shot of the filter setup there for you. :)

Wow.............simply amazing..............the tank and the decor............I esp. like the "from the kitchen" shot............beautiful.............love your fish... :druel :druel :druel :druel :druel

and you can sure tell decorating is your "thang"...............gorgeous !!! :clapping:

Edited by Sharkbait3

Finally ;) just kidding ;) Thanks for making this thread :)

I LOVE your new tank :) and Your Living room is so inviting :) I can see you like orange (as do i ;)) I always thought a corner tank would be hard to clean?how does it go for you??And looks like lots of room for storage ;) yay!!!

Shelly, I never clean the back wall in my tanks, and that would be the hardest part, I think. This tank is hard to work in, just because it's so big and tall. I'm tall, and I have a stool that I use for tank cleaning. But I need something bigger for this tank. To plant the back corner, I had to stand on a chair and brace my hand against the wall so that I could reach into the bottom back corner -- and I could just reach it. This would NOT be a good tank for someone who wanted bare bottom and cleaned all the walls and bottom. Even with a taller stool, it will be challenging.

The good thing about this setup is that, because it's near a window, I can drain the tank out the window in good weather. :)

so nice shawn.. good score, congratulations :)

i have memories of our first interactions here on koko's between you and i.. you've come a long way in such a short time :heart

I owe the health and well-being of my fish to the help of the wonderful people here. I love this place. :)

• Supporter

so nice shawn.. good score, congratulations :)

i have memories of our first interactions here on koko's between you and i.. you've come a long way in such a short time :heart

I owe the health and well-being of my fish to the help of the wonderful people here. I love this place. :)

ditto :heart