Sign in to follow this  
Wango

Holiday food

Going away for 5 days...My two goldies and 2 Loachies need food while I am away.

I have seen goldfish holiday food which comes in block form, should i get these?

What else could I do?

there's no point in buying those because they're more or less made of rubbish. could you get an auto-feeder? I've heard good things about the Fishmate one, plus it's cheaper than any of the Eheims, Juwels, Tetratecs etc. if not, could you get someone to come in every other day, perhaps a trusted neighbour? if you go for that, remember to measure out each portion they should feed, to avoid over- or under-feeding.

Weeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeell I could get my sister to do it... I have JBL NovoGrano vegetable food...and JBL Premium Goldpearls....They are in a

special click dispenser tub, which releases the correct dose of food. I could get my sister to give one click of Goldpearls and one click of Novograno each day hehehehehehehe

I would say that would be your best bet! how often do you usually have to do a water change? if you do twice a week changes, I'd get your sister to only feed once every other day rather than every day, since you will essentially be missing one water change. if you only do a once a week change anyway, feed as normal and just carry on with your normal water changes.

I do a weekly water change...But when I go away, my sister will only be able to feed them once a day, so that is half as much food, So i guess the water should do okay hehe.

Tell your sister to feed only 3 out of those 5 days. That way, there will be less waste put out, and the fish will be just fine :)

epic thanks hehe...i am gonna put a mixture of food into ziplock bags for every day she comes here...so she doesnt over feed them n stuff hehe