Eheim Ecco Easy 60, good/bad? Answer asap please?

Saw an Eheim Ecco Easy 60 on clearance. I have a 55 gallon that needs a filter that will be housing cichlids. I currently have 6 cichlids and 2 yoyo loaches that are living together in a 20 gallon.

I would like an answer asap if possible, it's one of those things where I need to go back today to buy it if it's a good filter.

Thanks! Yeah, I have heard good things about them, but as this one's on clearance, I wasn't sure if maybe there were issues with it or if they're just not going to carry it anymore.

Only ever heard about the canisters by them.

Was it a large chain store? If so its most likely on clearance because they wont be carrying that product anymore, nothing related to quality.

Funny story, we went there today to get it as last night got too late, and they had SMASHED THEM TO BITS AND THROWN THEM OUT!!! They had 3 of the 60's and I think 2 80's.

Luckily they are online and on clearance there too, but the 80's are regular price, I hope the guy who smashed them realized that, he was telling us they were on sale, hehehe! Someone is going to be really mad once they find out...

OMG sooo ticked off they smashed them tho, three filters at $75 each and 2 at $160 each....Jeez...

Sounds like a large chain store ;) Sadly thats the policy. If it doesn't sell by a certain date, then to the trash it goes, employees would loose their job if they tried to save them.

From the sounds of it they may not have any left online if their getting rid of them in the stores. Hopefully they do, id try asap!