Sign in to follow this  
loudog253

Flake food leftovers

i've gotten to the bottom of my flake food can and only have all this "dust" leftover. i dont want to put it in the tank as it will probably cloud up the water and the fish can't eat it being that small. i was wondering if there is anyone out there that knows how to take all that flake food "dust" and compress it into a sinking pellet or have any good ideas to do with it.

you can incorperate it into gelfood.. steam up some zuccini, carrots and peas, add the flakes to it, blend it all together, bind it with gelatin and allow it to set. keep in the fridge 2 or 3 days worth of food at a time, the rest you can freeze cut already into daily portions and again, bring out only a few days worth of feed into the fridge etc.. there is a gelfood section if you need help with what other ingredients you can use or how to prepare it :)

I fully agree! Or even easier, buy a package of this http://ecx.images-amazon.com/images/I/51HSbjMiMrL._SL500_AA300_PIbundle-8,TopRight,0,0_AA300_SH20_.jpg

It only contains peas, carrots, spinach and water. Nothing at all added, and it's already pureed. All you need to do is add the flake powder and gelatin (gelatin according to package instructions).

This takes about 10 minutes.

Then cut into pieces and refrigerate / freeze what won't be fed within the next few days. :)