Same betta, new tank!

tithra

I decided to upgrade Campy's tank to the petco 6.6 gallon. I prefer the dimensions, even though it is only 1.5 gallons more it seems like a lot more swimming room :) Hopefully the plants will settle in okay!

Tank Before:

photo-11.jpg

And now (please excuse all the bubbles, I just couldn't wait for them to go away ;) Also, the flame moss is looking wacky in these pics, I need to move that around a little to figure out how it fits best):

DSC00909.jpg

DSC00913.jpg

DSC00910.jpg

DSC00915.jpg

DSC00919.jpg

DSC00920.jpg

DSC00917.jpg

DSC00924.jpg

DSC00926.jpg

DSC00925.jpg

That is one beautiful tank! Do you mind naming the plants please? I need some new ideas for my new tank.

thanks ashlee :) Along the back wall is Italian val, right in front of that is some dwarf sag which borders some crypt parva. Then off to the right side in the back is flame moss and some dwarf hairgrass right in front of that.

It looks great! The dimensions of that tank make it feel so much larger than it is. I've seen it called an ideal home for a betta multiple times. :)

Yeah, it really is a great tank for a betta :) I can't wait for the plants to fill in a bit, they seem so spread out compared to the 5 gallon :)

That is one beautiful tank! Do you mind naming the plants please? I need some new ideas for my new tank.

thanks ashlee :) Along the back wall is Italian val, right in front of that is some dwarf sag which borders some crypt parva. Then off to the right side in the back is flame moss and some dwarf hairgrass right in front of that.

Thank you! I think i need just about all those plants lol

• 2 weeks later...

Haha best thing isn't it? After moving my Goldfish to the 60 Gallon, I did changes to my 10 Gallon (removing gravel, cleaning out debris, cleaning teh tank with water jet, etc.) I replaced the gravel with EcoComplete and made a heavily planted tank, got a betta, and Betta is very happy!

Btw, what are you tank specs? What additives do you use for plants and what equipments do you use for the tank.

Edited by wteoh1

Tank is 6.6 gallons. I use a zoo med 501 nano canister. I have 3x 13 watt compact fluorescents for lighting (39 watt total) and I use the fluval 88 g co2 kit. I also dose the tank with seachem flourish and trace whent I remember (but I'm honestly not great at remembering that). I run my lights 8 hrs a day :)

You're betta must be so happy with 10 gallons to himself! That's great :)

Another question, how often do you use the Seachem Flourish? Does it really work?

Is it cycled? pH is still 7.2 right and naturally soft from the tap?

Your tank greatly inspired me though :D

Thank you Amy!

Another question, how often do you use the Seachem Flourish? Does it really work?

Is it cycled? pH is still 7.2 right and naturally soft from the tap?

Your tank greatly inspired me though

It is definitely cycled :) I use a small canister filter. Ph is generally around 7.2, and is very soft from the tap, but I do use a buffer to stabilize it otherwise it would drop and that would be stressful. Alternatively I could age my water and wait for the ph to drop, but I don't have anywhere to be keeping buckets of water laying around ;)

I do like seachem flourish, it tends to be the go to fert for most people. I am not good about keeping a set schedule with it. I add it when I remember which is probably every 1-2 weeks