Grrrr Bad Goldfish Stores

Athena

Everyone is always bashing nooppee for their fish. Well I live in Edmonton, Alberta, Canada aka hick town on the wide open prairie!! No one I mean absolutely no one in any fish/pet/anything to do with fish store has any clue about gold fish. I have had to raise my fish upon trial and error because they don't know a thing about SBD or ick or anything. All they're ready to do is stick a whole bunch of medications in my tank that they know nothing about. Thank goodness I found this site!! :P I wish I could find fish stores that actually knew something!!

I wish tha everyone had a store in which people knew something about goldfish. :) Welcome to the site, by the way. I guess - we, goldfish people, will have to take over all goldfish places!

Guest kerri_corbett

I hear ya! I live in the US in Washington and after I joined this site i heard about all the problems with nnnnnn and vvvv and all the chain stores and I found a local independend place i was ready to support. Their prices were really high and they didn't have very much selection because they had all different kind of fish. I loved going in and looking at all their fish but I started noticing that their goldies never looked so good. When i stopped by to look at all the fish i always made sure to stop by the gf even though i don't have room for anymore and I can always tell they are sick and that they aren't doing so good. I thought I found a place I could go to and rely on but they are no good. Thank goodness for this site. :)

Guest Lady_Eros

I hate the way Wal Mart has their fish set up, the last one I was in had Red Bellied Pacus in with Tiger Oscars, Tiger Barbs in with small Orandas, and aggressive gouramis in with Mollies... I hate Wal Mart.

Archived