New baby fatties.

After the really unusually painful loss of Bastion. :c

I called around the pet stores to see if anyone had pearlscales in. And I got lucky as my LFS had just gotten a shipment of them.

so I went to have a good look at them. And they really did look excellent.

So I caved. and I got two. ><

yNZFk.jpg

m5FNO.png

oSE80.png

cr6dS.png

IetWJ.png

The large on we have named Gaston. And the little one we have named Emile.

And Emile already got dragged towards the filter so I had to turn it off and go and get a sponge to put over it.

sigh.

But they are so precious. And so, so fat.

I just love them.

SUCH WOBBLY TUBBOS! Gosh, if I lost my baby Pearl, I'd be crying all day ;_____; I love her to bits (even though she's slightly on the ugly side) even more than my Moor, who is just a giant roly-poly thing xD

Congrats on your new babies ;D

SUCH WOBBLY TUBBOS! Gosh, if I lost my baby Pearl, I'd be crying all day ;_____; I love her to bits (even though she's slightly on the ugly side) even more than my Moor, who is just a giant roly-poly thing xD

Congrats on your new babies ;D

I only had him for two days. :c It was a very unfortunate accident. and boy I just sobbed all night, and part of the day, and then I kept getting misty eyed.

Still do. I'm just a sap like that I guess. ;_;

But these babies are precious, and I already love them.

Oh my Gosh they are fat!!! and C U T E!!!! is this your qt tank?

This is the tank they'll stay in. It's a 30gal tank. So sort of quarantine AND forever home. xD Since they're away from my other fish, but will be staying here.

With nice smooth rocks, and silk plants, and nothing to hurt them ever.

Your sooooo lucky to find such cute babies! I had the lfs order some for me and I don't even think they're actually pearlies just fat fish :(

Ah. D:

How can you tell? My last pearlie wasn't neeaarly this fat. So maybe they're just like he was?

Your sooooo lucky to find such cute babies! I had the lfs order some for me and I don't even think they're actually pearlies just fat fish :(

Ah. D:

How can you tell? My last pearlie wasn't neeaarly this fat. So maybe they're just like he was?

Pearlscales have Pearl scales. ????? Hehe those "pearlscales" they were talking about may have just been fat fish....aka no pearl scales! But I don't know how long it takes them to develop the pearls... But yeah my female is fat, but not mega-golf-ball fat like those up there are.

Got me on when they're sposed to get their pearls, mine never did. They were tiny when I got em and I kept waiting and waiting for them to fatten up and get pearls. I think they sold me mutts, makes me wanna shake the lfs guy till his fillings fall out!

Edited by smegypsiren

Ah. D:

Pearlscales have Pearl scales. ????? Hehe those "pearlscales" they were talking about may have just been fat fish....aka no pearl scales! But I don't know how long it takes them to develop the pearls... But yeah my female is fat, but not mega-golf-ball fat like those up there are.

Got me on when they're sposed to get their pearls, mine never did. They were tiny when I got em and I kept waiting and waiting for them to fatten up and get pearls. I think they sold me mutts, makes me wanna shake the lfs guy till his fillings fall out!

I wouldn't say mine are more than a couple months old, really. I think Emile is only an inch and a half long, including fins? xD so I'd say they'd show their scales pretty early. As both Gaston and Emile have theirs.

But Bastion was the same size, and his were definitely more muted. He had the fat round figure, but he was a pale yellow so his scales didn't POP like these guys do.

Please tell me the lfs you got them is close to orlando, pretty please! They are soooo cute! Just round enough, those super mega ping pongs kinda weird me out

Please tell me the lfs you got them is close to orlando, pretty please! They are soooo cute! Just round enough, those super mega ping pongs kinda weird me out

Nowhere near! D: sorry.

Pinellas park, St. Petersburg. But I wouldn't worry, pearlies seem to be coming into pet stores more often lately. It's pretty amazing. xD they're getting popular.

If you get them be careful though, the dumb people at the pet stores feed them at the surface of the water. Both of mine were floaty when they got home. Now Gaston is just slightly floaty. Emile is fine.

Bummer. Lfs stores are all saltwater around here just had 2 new ones open up in the last month. Might have to take a road trip this fall. Ya might wanna keep your doors locked drowsy :D

They were fluke infested. ;; unfortunately literally lasted one day. They both died where they had settled in for the night. I cried quite a bit, and I give up on pearlies for now. Maybe sometime int he future, but for now not again. My heart can't take it.