Sign in to follow this  
DesigNerd

New little black moors

So I accidentally picked up a couple babies while getting some new food. In hindsight I say it was us celebrating our lease renewal and deciding not to start selling off fish for a big big move but really they were just too darn cute!!! Looked like the healthiest outta the bunch too. Sweet!

Here's the new fishies. Sorry for the poor picture quality.

IMG_20120529_221446.jpg

IMG_20120529_221437.jpg

soon.jpg

IMG_20120607_003752.jpg

IMG_20120604_152251.jpg

...because he nibbles all the other fishes butts! Grody little fellow.

IMG_20120604_151948.jpg

IMG_20120607_003541.jpg

:Congrats: on your new fish! They are very pretty.

I don't mean to be a downer, but I would encourage you to always quarantine new fish. It only takes one ill fish to spread diseases to the others in the tank, and many times, they won't show symptoms until a couple of weeks later. Also, how big is your tank?

Thanks, and that's very good advice. I've been looking at those guys for a couple months at a very trusted LFS fully well knowing they have already had a basic round of treatments. There's another store where I know to always qc them from now but that's another story.

The tank is 75 gallons so yes, I know I'm over stocked but they are so small right now and I may be adopting out 3 of the adults. Plus I have real plants and clean my filter good. I know, excuses excuses.

Very cute Moors! I have always liked moors :)

I agree, quarantining is a very good thing to get into the habit of doing even if you trust the store you get them from. Stress can definitely have impacts on the fish's health just from moving, so quarantining is definitely worth it :) Hope all goes well with them, they are stunning!

cute moors, congratulations :)

Oh no. ohgod. xD

The 'soon' killed me. That is just so wrong.

They're both adorable! And look super healthy. Very awesome, I'm glad they jumped into your bag like that!

They are adorable! Very pretty! As Alex said, QT is always a fantastic thing! Even though from what I see on here in 90% of cases the new fish is healthy - I find that 10% risk of spreading something terrible and possibly losing your entire stock very scary.

I personally would not really adopt out the adults, especially when it comes from overindulging in buying new fish. I mean, it's not the adult fish's fault LOL I'd rather browse craigslist for a nice 55g and move five of the smaller fish there.

Anyway, that third picture made me laugh so hard. SOON :rofl2 I love that fish :D

Thanks! I laugh every time I see the "SOON" which the last picture would be great for too. I should change that next time I post it.

The adoption thing is really just personality. I think Goldie Lox, the 'Tro-lo-lo' ryukin just doesn't seem to like me. I think it was the first couple times they laid eggs and the shubies were so rough and hard with her that I got scared and separated her. Ever since she's like "What B?! What's your problem B?!? You gonna mess with me, B? I mess with you!"

Congrats on the new Moors :) They are adorable :) hope no ill effects from not going through qt :(

What a pair. Congragulations. :)

They are adorable :thumb:

They are so sweet! Good pick.

They are very cute. Definately treat the entire tank as a QT. I qt not only because of issues that can happen, but just as importantly to learn the behavior of the new fish so I know if something is off.

You should start shopping for a new tank soon. In the meantime, double your water changes and keep a very close eye on your water params to watch out for a cycle bump.

'Tro-lo-lo' ryukin

Can this fish sing the trololo song?

(my next goldfish video will have this song in the background hurrr)