Sign in to follow this  
Drowsy

The new duo.

I went to the pet store to get a pearlscale yesterday. I've been looking out for them, and the lady there said they had one.

One.

I'm lucky he was still there, haha!

He is absolutely gorgeous, and so very healthy.

But while I was there I saw this badly nipped calico telescope. D: So I ended up getting him, as well. I have been wanting a calico fish, anyways. I'm going to nurse him along with melafix and salt. I have some Prazi on the way, as well.

I just wanted to post some pictures of the two, and their tank. I still haven't named them. Still considering some french names. suggestions always welcome. c:

BRGeI.png

Their tank, 30 gallon.

6tY0G.pngsleer.pngh6IH7.pngFmdUH.png

Calico is a bit of a photo bomber. It must be their turn for photos now.

Nv5eG.pngyQG9z.pngDUuTY.pngvcxts.png

Calico is the bigger of the two. they're really not shy at all. Pearlscale is quite shy, they stay back behind the plants until there is food to entice them out.

the Calico has far prettier fins than my little Moor. Or will, anyways, when they grow back.

Also gosh!

Pearlscales get so round.

b12.jpg

That's a proper picture from a breeder. they look like they have dropsy or something to me. xD

should I expect mine to get that round?

forgot to post the two videos of them. c:

Congratulations. They are adorable. I love the rocks in your tank too. Any names yet?? :)

Congratulations. They are adorable. I love the rocks in your tank too. Any names yet?? :)

Thanks. c: They're rolled river rocks. I've had them for ages, used them in a few tanks. Got a 20lb bag for like ten dollars at Lowes. xD

And nope. no names yet. still thinking on it.

aww :) Congrats on your new additions :) I cant decide which i like more so I like them both equally ;) I hope they do well in qt for you :)

Gorgeous!

Not sure if you like name suggestions, but I couldn't resist

:thumb:

Female: Meriel, Tyna, Riva, Delta

Male: Delmar, Rio, Baptist, Lamar

They're both adorable, congratulations :)

As far as French names, how about: Pierre, Bastion, Anton, Sophie, Angelique, Alexandrie, and Edith.

Congrats on the cuties!!! specially that pearl scale so adorable :)

How precious! i adore the little tele!

As names I like Pierrot and Amelie.

Aw. What adorable fish! :)

OOOO OOOO OOOOO. I want to second Amelie. I love that movie more than CATS. I want to watch it again and again, now and forever. Or you could just go with Audrey Tautou, I LOVE her!

please forgive my punctuation.

Aww,so cute! I can't say I've seen a calico tele before.

And pearlies can get quite round like that. Mine's still on the smaller side (4-5in total lenth),but already it looks like he swallowed a golfball. The wiggle they get when they get rounder is absolutely adorable.Just make sure that he can't get stuck in any decorations you have in there,since the little pearls won't grow back if they lose a scale.-found this out the hard way xP-

Aww very cute.

Like the little Tele alot :)

Thanks for the suggestions everyone!

In the end we have gone from the routine and named the tele Hugo, and then back to the theme with the pearlie, who we have named Bastion. <3

they both strike me as boys. xD but I guess we'll find out!

And pearlies can get quite round like that. Mine's still on the smaller side (4-5in total lenth),but already it looks like he swallowed a golfball. The wiggle they get when they get rounder is absolutely adorable.Just make sure that he can't get stuck in any decorations you have in there,since the little pearls won't grow back if they lose a scale.-found this out the hard way xP-

The calico telescopes seem pretty common int he fish store I go to. They get at least a few with every shipment of fish. I've been eyeballing them.

I'm looking forward to him getting rounder. xD I know he won't swim too great, so I am going to be keeping him with the tele and my moor. In a tank all their own.

And that tank is bare bottom, with big smooth rocks and silk plants. so, hopefully, no injuries!

Thanks for the suggestions everyone!

In the end we have gone from the routine and named the tele Hugo, and then back to the theme with the pearlie, who we have named Bastion. <3

they both strike me as boys. xD but I guess we'll find out!

The calico telescopes seem pretty common int he fish store I go to. They get at least a few with every shipment of fish. I've been eyeballing them.

I'm looking forward to him getting rounder. xD I know he won't swim too great, so I am going to be keeping him with the tele and my moor. In a tank all their own.

And that tank is bare bottom, with big smooth rocks and silk plants. so, hopefully, no injuries!

The only teles I see around here in the variety of stores nearby are almost always moors.Ocassionally I'll see an orange/red one. If I had the room, I'd go on a more extensive search for one.

I fell in love with pearlies because of their roundness. That sounds like a good plan. Right now my guy is in the "big kid" tank, with two orandas and my moor, and he's holding his own. If I can't get a tank big enough for all my goldies, he'll be going in with my slow poke bubble eye and lionhead.But he's currently a bit bigger than them,so maybe once they catch up. xD

Ooops, somehow I missed the full tank pic. xP Looks awesome! Seems very pearlie friendly to me. :3

Congratulations on your new additions. they really are gorgeaus especially the yellow pearlscale! =)

They both look great.

Thank you guys. Hugo, the telescope, is still going strong.

Unfortunately I lost Bastion last night, though. :c

OH no I am so sorry.