Update on the reef tanks.

caitie

It seems as though I haven't updated on this tank in a long time. Not much has changed in the 29 gallon but we did add three new green chromis. We tried this last year but the fish we had bought seemed to have health issues. These three new guys were very hardy.

I hope you enjoy this little introduction video.

<embed width="600" height="361" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowFullscreen="true" allowNetworking="all" wmode="transparent" src="http://static.photobucket.com/player.swf" flashvars="file=http%3A%2F%2Fvid634.photobucket.com%2Falbums%2Fuu70%2Fcaitie_bucket%2FThreechromisintro.mp4">

Unfortunately after 3 weeks two of the green chromis died. The murderer was the remaining green chromis. You can see him in the video because he has very black eyes. He is a monster! Flash (blue damsel) and Charlie Brown (clown) seem to keep him under control but he is a mean little bugger!

As for the 7 gallon nano here is a pic of two baby toadstool. The mama is the big one in the 29 gallon. :)

mixed024-1.jpg

Thanks for looking!

Yay! I love looking at your reef tanks! The chromis are really cool, even that awful murderer!

Thanks Alex! :)

That is so great looking! :) Too bad about the chromis though. Mean little guy!

Hey Fang! :) Yeah he is a mean guy but the blue damsel is even meaner. :lol2

Really cool. Why can't the fish just get along??? The chromis are really pretty. How often do the toadstool reproduce?

It's a hard world in that tank! The green chromis are supposed to be peaceful. I guess I was just unlucky that I chose the exception! :no: The toadstool likes to move around once in a while and when it does it leaves a little bit of his flesh behind on the rock. That tiny piece then grows into another toadstool. :) Or you can cut off a piece and it will regrow.

looking good:) thanks for sharing :) I still miss my little Dory sometimes ;)

Do you think you will get into saltwater again Shelly? Dory was a cutie. :wub:

I love your updates because I can get my reef tank fix lol. They are so pretty..... Too bad about the crazy evil chromis though..

:teehee Glad to help! I'm getting used to evil fish, I seem to always pick out the baddest ones.

• 2 weeks later...

Lovely fish, I've heard a lot of stories about chromis' doing that, seems common on the forums I travel around. Heard in the larger groups its less likely, I hope so I'm getting a group of 5 of the blue reefs when my marine tanks a bit more settled down.