Sign in to follow this  
kortniee

We are well-met, Roland.

Today I went to an awesome LFS. They have awesome fish. I had a empty tank. I think we all know where that was going.

Here is the result. This is Roland Deschain of Gilead, son of Steven and gunslinger of the line of Eld. Or just Roland is probably good.

100_1770.jpg

100_1792.jpg

100_1768.jpg

Content-wise this is not my best photo but for some reason I really like it anyway:

100_1778.jpg

Roland seems to like his new digs. He is enjoying stalking around the plants and eating little bits of whoknowswhat (I haven't actually put food in the tank for him).

Wow, Roland is a handsome lad! :D

(Incidentally, he is one of my favorite characters by one of my all-time favorite authors!)

Wow, what a beautiful guy! Such gorgeous colors, and his tail is very interestingly shaped.

He's very pretty! I love that his body looks blue, but his fins look red. :D

He is lovely. And Roland suits him. Stephen King would be proud. lol

he's very pretty. He looks like a dark and stormy rainbow :D

Wow, Roland is a handsome lad! :D

(Incidentally, he is one of my favorite characters by one of my all-time favorite authors!)

You say true, I say thankya. :D I am so glad I got pushed to read The Gunslinger as part of a library school class. I am not a huge fan of horror, so I found other things to read for years, but I was amazed to discover that Mr. King had been rather shoehorned by that description!

Wow, what a beautiful guy! Such gorgeous colors, and his tail is very interestingly shaped.

Thanks, Elli. I was definitely drawn to his colors in the store. All of their bettas were so pretty and happy-looking, but I love the colors on this one.

He's very pretty! I love that his body looks blue, but his fins look red. :D

Thank you! I love those things also, as well as the fact that all of it is kind of washed in a dusty metallic as well. It's quite stunning.

He is lovely. And Roland suits him. Stephen King would be proud. lol

Thankee sai. :) I think if there's a kind of fish (that I would own, anyway) that suits a gunslinger, it's a betta. And my husband and I are listening to the seventh book in audio in the car, so I was hearing that as I was carrying my new fish home in his bag, so I think it's appropriate.

he's very pretty. He looks like a dark and stormy rainbow :D

Thanks! I love the darker, slightly muted color scheme also.

Edited by Courtney

wow~~~such a pretty betta, he looks like he IS enjoying the tank. Great job !! :clapping:

Roland is such a handsome boy. :)

He's so pretty! I love the mix of metallic blue and darker greys :D

Edited by dan in aus

Wow such an amazing looking betta! I love the red tint to his fins!

Love the copper coloring :heart

Thank you! I think he is beautiful also.

wow~~~such a pretty betta, he looks like he IS enjoying the tank. Great job !! :clapping:

He definitely is--it's so neat to see him patrol the whole tank.

Roland is such a handsome boy. :)

Thank you! I agree!

He's so pretty! I love the mix of metallic blue and darker greys :D

Thanks Dan. :D He has already been really awesome to just sit and stare at.

Wow such an amazing looking betta! I love the red tint to his fins!

Thank you, Alex! I think my favorite part is how all his fins are kind of metallic-washed-out-colored, except his pelvic fins, which are bright red!

Hes very handsome :thumb:

Oh my gosh ;) he is just so cool looking :) love his coloring :) congrats on your new guy :) what tail type is he???

Hes very handsome :thumb:

Thank you, Koko!

Congrats!! He is gorgeous! :)

I agree. I'm so glad I got him; he makes an awesome office buddy. :D

gorgeous!

Thanks, Fede!

Oh my gosh ;) he is just so cool looking :) love his coloring :) congrats on your new guy :) what tail type is he???

Thanks for the compliments, Shell. I think he's a delta tail, though he's certainly not the show-quality type. But I think he's beautiful anyway. :)

Wow, just stunning! I love him! Is he half-moon or delta?

Oh so I was gona say what an awesome green colour but must just be the colour on my comp or something :wacko::rofl

He looks lovely :)

A bit of an update: Roland has been doing very well these past few weeks. He patrols the tank happily and has learned to do a goldfish-style feed me dance when it's food time, which is adorable. He makes small bubble nests, but the snails keep derping their way through them and breaking them up. He's probably the most laid-back male betta I've ever met. He's not aggressive at all. In fact, I've never seen him flare. When I put my finger up on the tank next to him he just looks at it and then swims away. He enjoys staring contests with the snails (I keep telling him he's always going to lose), but doesn't bother them even a little.

He is very pretty!!!!! Congrats on your new little man

Thanks. He is a beautiful resident for this tank. :D

Wow, just stunning! I love him! Is he half-moon or delta?

I think he's a delta. He certainly wouldn't win any shows or anything, though. But I think he's awesome!

Oh so I was gona say what an awesome green colour but must just be the colour on my comp or something :wacko::rofl

He looks lovely :)

He is kind of a greenish blue, and almost metallic so the color can change depending on the light. So I definitely wouldn't say you're wrong!

He's probably the most laid-back male betta I've ever met. He's not aggressive at all. In fact, I've never seen him flare. When I put my finger up on the tank next to him he just looks at it and then swims away. He enjoys staring contests with the snails (I keep telling him he's always going to lose), but doesn't bother them even a little.

Mine is that way, too. He never flairs. I like to think that he's relaxed and happy. :)