WOW! what a differance!

xchairity_casex

just wanted to share, ever since putting my dog on a Prey model raw diet, i decided to ditch the canned fish for my goldys gel food and try raw fish to see if there was a differance at all.

well lemme tell you

THERE IS! and its a huge one!

normally for protien i would add canned tuna and canned wild caught red or pink salmon, well rinsed.

well this last batch i added raw frozen pink salmon thawed, a little less then what comes in a can as it was cheapest fillet size.

well, we are about 2 weeks in and Marchello has had a VERY obvious growth spurt,i would guess close to an inch, his tail has begun to get longer and little more flowy, and they both have become 10 times more active and even more freindly towards me! before they would only swim to the front of the tank when i came near, but if i sat down to watch them they would stay in the back of the tank, now i stick my hand it and they are swimming right up to me.

DEFF going to be useing raw salmon from now on

Wow-I am going to try that! I have been very lazy lately and just using pellets, but this is inspiring me to make a batch of gel food this weekend with raw fish in it. What an amazing difference you have seen!

That’s quite interesting! I’m taking the lazy route as I only have two to feed now and just feed NLS sinking pellets and have found the orandas have grown almost an inch (from 2 to nearly 3 body length!) since I have had them (2 months approx.) but I certainly did see excellent growths when putting my fish onto a homemade diet (gel food) in the past. NLS seems to be giving me similar growth rates so far though, so I’ll stick with the lazy mode :)

Though, the orandas can forage on plants/algae/etc in the tank so it’s not their only food source.