Post amazing, crazy tank pictures here!

ShawneeRiver

Was the phone booth tank from the TV show "Tanked" (mine and my kids' new fave show!!)? They do some awesome tanks on that show!!

That's what I was wondering. I strongly dislike that show though, they just throw up new tanks without any cycling, and promptly overstock the tanks. I bet most of the fish die.

Oh lord. As if my Tumbler and Pinterest addictions weren't bad enough.Now I'll be searching for uber cool fish tanks too! xD

But that Mario tank will be MINE.That game is the best. As soon as I have the space/money/time,I'm setting one up,even if I have to hand-craft every piece. Then find some fish like those seen in-game. c:

• 1 month later...
  • Supporter

i wonder if that koi at the end "platinum koi" grows as large as standard koi? the guy says "i know my animals very well" i wonder if he's in the know re the requirements for koi? impressive 400gal aquarium, probably do better with some metallic white comets instead..

I love the Mario Bros tank and the bathroom tank.

Was the phone booth tank from the TV show "Tanked" (mine y and my kids' new fave show!!)? They do some awesome tanks on that show!!

no I they had a different phone and they also had a city seen wallpapered behind it

I was watching "Tanked" the other day and I almost started yelling at the TV. A little kid came into their shop wanting an aquarium. He told them he liked TV, and sharks. So they made him an 8 gallon TV aquarium. Here's what they stocked it with:

2 bala sharks

1 rainbow shark

5-6 guppies

1 catfish (I think)

probably other stuff I'm forgetting

IN AN 8 GALLON TANK

I was floored. How incredibly irresponsible, not only to put such large fish in a tiny tank, but on top of that to put semi-aggressive species in with community fish (that are awkward swimmers with really long, tempting tails)? I mean, even a novice can go to Petco and read the little signs on the tanks and know that they didn't stock it appropriately. They make neat aquariums, but I don't think they know jack squat about fish.

• 1 month later...

I agree completely - tanked drives me nuts! No cycling, incompatible fish and no regard for their requirements. Fish Tank Kings on National Geographic is quite a bit better from the little bit that I've seen. The last episode I saw they were explaining about how the fish they chose had to be appropriate for a high traffic area and the tank size and whatnot. It was pretty good!

• 1 month later...

This is fun! I'm ignoring the goldfish and the fact that the tank is too small for fish, but other than that, it's fun! http://www.hammacher...log&PID=4165733

75998_1000x1000.jpg

Well that's one tank I wouldn't have any trouble talking my husband into buying :D

• 3 weeks later...
Guest animal1998

34skl82.jpg

This is at some aquarium. A vacuum helps keep the water from spilling out but fish can come out to be pet or fed, I assume they have security......

35ckk82.jpg

The tank is cool but the poor fish! This would be better for a betta, even then it's tall. Maybe for a baby betta or plant tank. It's still cool though.

• 3 weeks later...

Here's a link to an in-home, 17,000 gallon reef tank in Wisconsin that the guy built, wired, configured etc. with his own two hands! It was featured on HGTV "Amazing Water Homes"

So jealous.

Edited by dan in aus
Removed link to other forum

Here's a link to an in-home, 17,000 gallon reef tank in Wisconsin that the guy built, wired, configured etc. with his own two hands! It was featured on HGTV "Amazing Water Homes"

So jealous.

That's incredible! I wish I could do that someday but with goldies. You have to really know your stuff to set up something that insane though.

Edited by dan in aus
Removed link to other forum

There was another home in Florida, that was essentially an old, unused, tomato field (or something similar). They built this hugeee house modeled after the French chateau, Chenonceau, with essentially a "mote" around the entire thing. They have an awesome huge koi pond in it too!!

• 6 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...

When I saw the coffee table aquarium I thought, hmmm, thats essentially a euphemism for an indoor pond. So I google imaged indoor ponds... *wants*

http://www.awixacastle.com/Pictures%20at%20purchase/Sun%20Room%20Pond%20B4.JPG

http://aquaeden.com/img/ace/indoor-pond-display.jpg

http://europeanbarging.com/Barges/Saroche/images/Saroche_fish_pond.jpg