Sign in to follow this  
Guest Angelfish50

Docile fish

Guest Angelfish50

What type of fish are docile? I want two fish for my angelfish

Other then schooling type fish that you would need 5 or 6 of I really don't have any suggestions. Also would need to know tank size.

Good luck

Edited by Hidr

remember... angelfish are more predatory than most people know or want to believe.. best thing to do for angelfish "tank mates" are get some schooling fish that stay away from there end of the tank.. angelfish are usually mid tank swimmers.. meaning you can get guys that are top swimmers or bottom dwellers... good fish i would consider are silver dollars, bigger species of tetras..cory cats, platies. stay away from anything smaller ;)

p.s angelfish need alot of space in terms of tank size.. so make sure you dont have a single angel in something like a 10 - 20g tank and are trying to add more fish... setting up disaster. ;) hope this helped

Edited by Monkey87

I have tons of different fish with my 6 angels, but in order to give advice on tankmates, we do need to know your tank size ;)

Guest Angelfish50

I am going to use a 29 gal for one angelfish and maybe two tank mates.

I don't know of any fish that can be tank mates that are docile and can be kept without a group. Unless maybe some bottom dwellers. Like weather loaches you can keep 2 of those. Or something of that nature. OH you could try a pair of ram's. Just need to get a few and once they pair up re home some of them and have a planted tank.

Good luck

You have to remember that Angle fish are really cichlids , and because of that they CAN BE territorial, so it's a gamble on tankmates unless you have a proven mating pair, then they should get along fine. Don't do number 3 tho cause the other two will pick on the one. They like to be in #s of 5 or 6. That will take A LARGE tank and they like tall tanks rather than long ones................Good luck. That size tank would be great for a tropical tank BTW !! :twocents