Goldfish Anchor worm

• Replies 270
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Supporter

ok. fish looks good and comfy :)

now, take 15g of that food. i would just add half a teaspoon of gelatine powder to 5g of warm water and stir well until there are no blocks. then add that to the food, sprinkle the dose of metro ontop and give it a final blend to mix it all evenly.

then, a rectangular container smallish to set the mixture..

does that make sense?

• Supporter

i got an easier idea.

get all the 69 grams of food in a bowl.. make enough gelatine mix to set 100grams.. add the gelatine mix to the food. then, before it sets (and you will have plenty of time lol) take out 20 grams of gelfood, in that 20 grams, mix the metro in it, blend, then pour into a container as advised above and set

also how much gelatine powder and warm water shall i mix together to get the 100g gelatine mix? as the instruction on the gelatine only says the amount in ml

• Supporter

1/4 tablespoon... just add a teaspoon to half an espresso cup of warm water.. mix it so that there are no lumps.. stir that into the 69 grams of food. take 20 grams from that, add the metro, blend and set into a rectangular container. we will discuss the rest of the food once you have sorted the medfood. that's the most important part.

ok just made the medication gelfood and its now in the fridge, here's a pic of it :)

http://i45.tinypic.com/2n67zmo.jpg

also I've also put the rest of the normal gelfood into another container, was wondering if I can feed them to my other fish in the main tank? can healthy fish eat garlic? :o

• Supporter

ok good. now, when that sets, you will cut that up into 25 blocks as alex advised. try to get them as even as possible. put 2 aside and freeze the rest either in a ziplock bag or plastic container.

with the two blocks, you will cut them in half as even as possible. this will be 4 days food. each half must be consumed in one day. to entice your fish to eat this much, try to feed a little bit every few hours. does that make sense?

with the left over food.. absolutely! i feed nothing but home made food to my fish every day!. you will find, they will grow like weeds on the stuff ;)

ok so I've attached some photos and a video of him swimming around the QT, also I've just fed him his first ever gelfood and he happily accepted it :)

his dorsal fins are now up most of the time which I think is a good sign :)

Picture:

http://i50.tinypic.com/6869aq.png

http://i47.tinypic.com/11jagch.png

Video:

in the video he is still searching the bottom for more food!

Edited by kerry123

Good luck! :)

Keep up with water changes, and let us know when Epsom has been used for about 4-5 days. I'd like re-evaluate things at that time.

Thanks!

Also just another thing, when I do the water change tonight, do I need to make sure the new water is the same temperature with the old one before I put the fish back in QT? (which in my case is 24 degree at the moment, slowly increasing to 26)

Edited by kerry123

sorry got one more thing to ask. Just now I tested the water in QT, the nitrite is 0 which is good, ammonia also 0. But the pH colour is kind of weird, can't find it in the chart of the API master test kit, it's kind of like very light brown and I think it falls about 7.5 or so. But then because I have another pH test kit that I got before I bought the API master kit, it's also liquid test specially designed for pH testing and the brand is Aqua Vital. The result I got from that is 7.0 (greenish-blue colour)

So I'm confused to which one is more accurate...

Edited by kerry123

just realise I did something wrong ... I used the high range pH bottle to test the water... lol!

should of used the normal pH bottle instead... never know there's two different bottle... and the result is 7.0 :P

Edited by kerry123

so I've just done a 100% water change and he seems fine with it. But I've also found out that there are many red streaks on his tails and dorsal fin... he used to have some red streaks but I think the amount increases... is it just veins or some kind of reaction due to dropsy?

I've attached a photo of the streaks I just took:

http://i49.tinypic.com/2ed5ybm.jpg

Edit: you can compare it with the pic I took on the day it came:

http://i47.tinypic.com/aadfdt.jpg

Edited by kerry123

The streaks could be stress-related, water quality-related, infection-related, or a combination of different things. He's been through a lot the last couple of months.

Just focus on doing daily water changes and feeding him the metro-gel food. You are on the right track :)