Sign in to follow this  
rdoyle225

Big problem

Oklong story short My bother and got into a Fight he broke my middle finger on my right hand,(I am right handed) he broken the bone the knuckle to the next join in 4 shards, I not supost to be doing much stuff with my right hand untill I speak to the surgen sometime next week, What shoukd I do about water changes? It is killing me tp type this let along try a water change.If I keep a eye on whater paramter would be ok to skip a week or maybe 2 until I get the clean?

Can you give us some info on your tank? :)

tank size, how many fish/how big, is the tank cycled

Is there anyone else who would be able to do a water change for you (friend or family)? You could hang out and tell them what to do ;)

EDIT: So sorry about your hand btw! That sounds reallly painful :(

First off, I would take care of your finger first before doing anything. That's the priority.

Having said that, is there not someone whom you could ask to help you out? It is possible to delay or possibly even skip a WC, but it depends entirely on your stocking level AND your feeding frequency. What size tank(s) do you have and how many fish are in them?

Stop feeding them daily? I would feed very sparingly, possibly once every 3 days. You will also need for someone to check your water parameters.

I'm sorry you got hurt :(

i would get your brother to wc, i don't think skipping 1 to 2 weeks is acceptable. a few days perhaps. but not for weeks at a time. if he is big enough to break your finger, he's big enough to do a water change.

i hope your finger feels better soon.

As mentioned you would have to cut right back on the feeding. It is possible but you will have to watch your nitrates closely. I know that my tank can go 3 weeks without a water change with my current feeding plan, probably longer if i cut right back. I only have 1 fish in a 39 gallon with a huge canister filter though :)

thanks I will feed them ever 3 days. I wish I could get my bother to change the water in the tank, but he live in other state. I have a 55 gallon with 4 fish. Comet telly, to other one I am not sure of they are. I try to get my husband help with it, but I had a great idea has I was kind of stone on pain meds last night my tank it by a window I can get the water out the window and the bring the hose in thought the window

I am going to try to get the water change done tomorrow. If my hand does not hurt to much. the pain meds make me loopy so I dont take to much of them. btw I have cut my bother out of my life, Long store to much to go into.

Edited by rdoyle225

ok today I did about 50 percent water change. still wanting to hear from the surgan about my finger. I tell you one thing it hurt like I dont know what.

I haven't changed any water since mothers day

This is not good at all. :no:

:( hmmmm...

:( hmmmm...

I just havent had any time

some days I help dad with his tools at work and some other days I help Mum with her invoices

rest of the week I walk to Austins Ferry to pick my sister up

I got it clean but not has much as I wanted to thought. I left the glass dirty for my snails, clean as much of the gavel that I could. I will be taking the gavel out when my finger heals. I like the bare bottoms tanks I see.

can you get a waterchanger? like the python thing that was once available? i hear there's a spin off, it's so cheap, i purchased 3 on ebay and had them sent to AUS from USA for less than $40AUD. i will see if i can find the link to post you. this way atleast, there will be no need to lift water and you can clean as much as you can, scrub with the good hand and your fish are maintained with minimal fuss.

here's one with hose going cheap http://www.ebay.com/itm/Aqueon-Aquarium-Water-Changer-25-Feet-/320915765555?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item4ab811f933

here's another cheapie with accessories, i would be asking the seller if the added accessories in pic 2 actually come with the product.. actually, just ask him what you get for your $20 as the description doesn't offer a lot of information. http://www.ebay.com/itm/NEW-Lees-Ultimate-Gravel-Vac-25-Kit-Vacuum-Fish-Supplies-/200766526382?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item2ebe9e13ae

here's one with hose going cheap http://www.ebay.com/...=item4ab811f933

here's another cheapie with accessories, i would be asking the seller if the added accessories in pic 2 actually come with the product.. actually, just ask him what you get for your $20 as the description doesn't offer a lot of information. http://www.ebay.com/...=item2ebe9e13ae

That would be Great to have but right we have no money.

Well I have bad news my the bone peaces have moved. So last night I when back to the ER and they took other X ray. I took a pic of on my phone.

2012-06-05_02-36-44_982.jpg

ouch!

Oh no that doesn't look good :( I hope you feel better and a fast recover ;)

For heavens sake, stop trying to change water! If you can't get your husband to do it, forget about it. Even if it should harm your fish (which I doubt) they aren't worth a finger. Pain has a function -- to tell you to stop doing something harmful. Using a pain killer to do something that otherwise would be too painful, is a very dangerous action.

For heavens sake, stop trying to change water! If you can't get your husband to do it, forget about it. Even if it should harm your fish (which I doubt) they aren't worth a finger. Pain has a function -- to tell you to stop doing something harmful. Using a pain killer to do something that otherwise would be too painful, is a very dangerous action.

I agree!

They moved not becouse of the water change. The move becouse of the ER did not put a good slint on the 1st time. I found away to do water change with out hurting me. I but us the hose and put in the sink and then us the water hose from out side to fill it up.

Well I finally i get to see the orth on friday and see what they are going to do for my fringer. I am going to try to clean the tank again to night or tomorrow.

i just got one of the water changers!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Nice! Those things are are amazing! :Congrats: