Sign in to follow this  
horserider36

Which one of your goldfish could make it in the wild?

Obviously this is a purely hypothetical question. We all have that fish that is extremely hardy and "street smart" while the others might be a few gallons short of a full tank. Who is your iron clad warrior? (A picture would be encouraged ;) )

Mine is Copernicus. He is quite old and is missing an eye, but he knows exactly when to duck and cover and when to look for food. He reminds me of an smart old man who always has a war story or a riddle to tell. If a goldfish could be wise, he might be the fishy equivalent of Socrates.

Cop2.jpg

:heart

Copernicus looks amazing and deffinately looks like he has some great storys to tell :D I don't have a goldie just yet have to make it through the cycling process first T_T Just thought I would tell you how adorable I think he is ;) Great post too!!! :D

Thank you!! He is a sweet little guy. I hope your tank cycles without a hitch so you can fill it with goldies soon :) (Btw, your pony is adorable :wub: )

:rofl I love this topic.

I'm pretty sure Puff would be dead within hours, particularly being a floaty fish, he'd be an easy treat for a bird! Edie would rock it though, she's a street smart no nonsense fish :P After a year she is just finally starting to be comfortable with my finger in the water :)

Bagheera is my street smart first to start a gang and gain a group of street toughs to do his bidding. He would totally survive, because he would find a safe place to hide and then send out his minions for food and treats. Merryweather would be a gone for sure. The little lionchu twins might make it because they are good at hiding.

All my fish (comet-mutts) would probably do it well, as they came from the wild in the first place :rofl

Only Gigi might have some problems if the wild food makes him float, then he would be a sitting duck.

It is still possible that they might have gotten soft, but I'm not about to test it :pp

Edited by Quasi

I love this topic! My mom is always telling me I should feel bad having 'wild fish' in tanks and I always laugh at her imagining my gang in the wild!

That said, I think Pixel and SW are pretty street smart. They are also super fast which is also a plus in nature. SW hides under the plants whenever he senses a shadow :)

That said, Grace is WAY to social to ever be let outside! She even swims after the dogs lol.

Interesting topic!

I think pretty much all of my single tails would do quite well. The orange ones naturally have the disadvantage by color, but the calicos probably are more difficult to see with their camouflage pattern.

The fancies, aka the derp-brigade, I might as well just flush in the toilet. :rofl

Well maybe except for Spicey.

Awesome idea for a topic :P

I think it would have to be Momo. Although he is always getting sick, he seems very wise. Bubbles would most likely eat something poisonous :P

Foster. Rest of mine are to slow.

Mumford would be my pick for a "wild fish". He has few issues and he's fast. Also, he can start a fire by rubbing two sticks together. For reals, he can do it. :P

rocky rocky rocky... she's survived for 8 years and put up with my horrid ways.. if she can survive all that, she stands a good chance out in the wild. lol.. the rest would just croak i rekon.

:rofl The responses are great! (God bless the derpy ones lol)

Also, he can start a fire by rubbing two sticks together. For reals, he can do it. :P

I don't believe you. Everyone knows fire can't burn underwater. Duh. :rolleyes:

I don't think any of mine can, except for Othello the moor. He's pretty crafty.

Charlie would have to be the one in my tank.... He bosses everyone around, kinda like a Sheep Dog :lol

If you change anything in the tank, he will hold them off till he says its okay to go... :rofl

Mine would be gumpy the ninja pearl. He is a bras pair wearing sob, thats silent and deadly. My little baby bumpy will be chugging along, swimmin his heart out to get to a piece of food flouting by and gumpy swoops in at the last minutes and leaves baby bumby crying like a 3rd grader. One of these days he might get a first class tour of the wild via the "water slide"

Maybe Black Eye the Pirate, a calico tele, could make it. He's constantly grazing on the algae, so obviously he can find his own food. He's also good at camouflage -- at least, I sometimes have trouble immediately spotting him in the tank. And I imagine that he could be a good spy -- he probably could use his eyes like telescopes and sneak up on dinner, kind of like an alligator. ;)

Hercule would be the one. He's the fastest and most aggressive of the bunch. He's always chasing the smaller ones away from the food. He might have a problem leaving his beloved Fluffy behind, though. They are inseparable!

Of the smaller ones, Jelly Bean is the one. He is good and finding food in unexpected places. He's the only one who's figured out that the back wall has a 24 hour salad bar going on.

Here's my little thug:

DSCN3885.jpg

Neither! Leonard is too sweet and Sheldon is too dim. Seriously beginning to think he's missing his brain :rofl

AH! Ninzah, you stole my names for my new fish! :( lol

I don't have goldfish yet, but I'll definitely post when I get them. :) For my bettas, though, probably Josh, because Max is too timid. Josh will eat anything...which may or not be a good thing.

Not a single solitary one of them, I'd wager. I would say Bob would have the best chance, but she's such a piglet, she'd probably be begging a heron for food.

M A Y B E Spot, my big ole Comet fish-0ct-2011-017.jpg

He probably would have a better chance of making it in the wild. Tho' he really likes to come to the surface & have me drop food into his giant gaping hole of a mouth!!!!

Edited by Jeana727

Yin might make it she hides when any one she does not know comes up. Yang would swim up to a cat and be like wanna dance with me, now feed me. LOL

Yin might make it she hides when any one she does not know comes up. Yang would swim up to a cat and be like wanna dance with me, now feed me. LOL

Yin can recognize who comes up to the tank? Piccolo and OJ just assume that everything that moves is a nom dispenser :P