Sign in to follow this  
Guest cloie

Cloie On Her Side

Guest cloie

I had a very bad problem with ich on Cloie. I have a 55 gallon tank, I removed Cloie from the tank about three weeks ago and added the salt to her tank. The ich disappeared. Afterwards she started to jet through the water. Hitting her body on the marbles. I did a 40% water change and I also gave her peas. She ate the first day and the second day she ate some of her pellets, third day she would not eat and also this morning. Last night she was laying on the bottom of the tank on her side, she actually did that yesterday too. I felt it was the end and then this morning she starts to swim to the top and then returns to the bottom . She has been leaning on her side. There is some white cloudy things floating through the water. I have no under-gravel fiter, and there isn't any algea in the tank. Should i purchase an under- gravel fiter? The water was tested today and the nitrates were 140 - ph 7.2- ammonia safe. Please help me !! I love Cloie and can't stand the thought of being without her!!

Guest yima

Your nitrates seem pretty high. Is your tank still cycling? How long has it been running? Have you recently added meds that may have killed your bio-bugs? Do you have a "Nitrite" test kit. Most goldies are more sensitive to nitrites than nitrates. But even the a level of 140 is pretty high for nitrates. I would keep up the water changes until you get the nitrite kit. I lost so many fish before I figured o :thud ut that Nitrites and Nitrates where the other way around in dangerousness.