Sign in to follow this  
Gccourtney

what snails are these

\] :help: what snails are these they came with fish and plants from the petstore

IMG_0070.jpg

Edited by Gccourtney

can you get a clearer picture by any chance? :)

EDIT: nevermind :) dnalex has identified them for you

They are pond/pest snails.

Also, while I have your attention, would you mind not reviving very old threads by posting in them? They are great to read, but always check the date of the last post. If it's a few months to years before, then no need to add to it. If it's an issue that you would like further discussion, start a new thread, OK? :)

the link didnt work for me... regardless if you didnt buy these snails and/or they came in with your plants.. i would STRONGLY suggest that you remove them immediately because they can and will reproduce very quickly in your tank and will have little snails allover the place.. next time the best thing to do before adding plants directly into your tank would be to thoroughly clean plants with a bleach solution to kill anything that could attach itself onto the plants like snails.

thank you for the identification . i'm glad they are only in a bucket and never got i my tank

Edited by Gccourtney

Courtney, you can use the little picture icon when you post to put the pics directly into your thread (it is a green square under the smiley face, click on this and put your link into it) :) I edited your posts above so the pics would show.

the link didnt work for me... regardless if you didnt buy these snails and/or they came in with your plants.. i would STRONGLY suggest that you remove them immediately because they can and will reproduce very quickly in your tank and will have little snails allover the place.. next time the best thing to do before adding plants directly into your tank would be to thoroughly clean plants with a bleach solution to kill anything that could attach itself onto the plants like snails.

:goodpost

:goodpost

Yup I did this mistake and I am now trying to get rid of them. :( Always disinfect your plants ! :thumb: