tele butterfly fry

mikroll

• Replies 163
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Telescope butterfly now at age 50 day , play during water change. So far these are doing very well and i like the dark head caps and the dark blue peppered body coloring which is showing up in a few. They are begging to be moved to a larger outdoors pool and soon will. I like how the wiggle with the flat tails.

th_P1120182_zps5261bda6.jpg

P1120182_zps91439e10.jpg

th_P1120183_zpsedc47546.jpg

P1120183_zps30d21e4a.jpg

Hi, ahardeay,

1.There are 9 in the tank in that picture. I have 6 more groups of about 300+ and will do a few more to bring total count up.

2. Have not yet decided which pond to use. But I think a shallow one will be ok for them . they could do with a little room to play in.

this pond makes a great baby pond, made from old sat dish.but now holds baby shubunkins ( which I have to kick out).

http://s29.photobucket.com/user/mikroll/media/calico%20oranda/gardenpond/IMG_2320.jpg.html

• 1 month later...

telescope , one year birthday , and their babys now at age 2 1/2 month. It has been very interesting raising . Now as Spring begins I think that moving them to outdoors pond will stimulate growth and colour. Many have all kinds of flaws but a few are quite nice and I hope will continute to grow.

video :

th_P1120267_zpsa3415cee.jpg

bigest baby at 2.5 month:

P1120270_zps2bc61e48.jpg

This may be a silly question but I'll ask anyway. :teehee

Are all those fish in the video from the same spawn/parents? There is such a lovely and wide variety of colors!

Thanks for the update. They are always terrific! :)

Hi fantail fan1, thanks and yes, all from same parents, rwo spawns I think few day apart,. Yes that is fun of calico spawning, as they are such a fruit salid of mixed genes for scales and colours. and always produce a % of each calico, matt and such.

you can see the parents (f1) and these as babys a year ago at first post, on first page of this topic:

http://www.kokosgoldfish.invisionzone.com/forum/index.php?/topic/100030-tele-butterfly-fry/

and here when parents arrive from China:

http://www.kokosgoldfish.invisionzone.com/forum/index.php?/topic/99241-six-tails-from-china/

• 5 months later...

Hi UK becs , thanks and funny I was just thinking of you as just today I used some of the solient green food you sent me to mix up with anitibiotics for treating my red caps. I have found it to be excellent for that purpose. and here are some other babys pics, these are a mix of the tele calico and black moor and many show more black and have nice tails ( which I like very much)

P1120388_zps13d50ce3.jpg

What are you going to do with all the fry/fish

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk 2

Hi Daniel E, i breed these fish and others (guppy) as a hobby . the excess fish are already reserved for a friend who sells them at fish shows. I will keep not more than maybe 40 and the rest go. What do you do with all your extra fish?

• 2 months later...

update, f3 now make one year and males begin to show their stars. pictured are some at 11 month

Interesting these are colored into 3 groups, matte about 25%, all black 25%, tiger calico and red/whites 45% , others wild color but loosing the black to gold under . This last one the wild also is only one in total spawns to NOT produce telescope eyes but has a beautiful butterfly tail.3 or 4 have only one eye pop .

P1120567_zps246140ec.jpg

P1120562_zps88220e4d.jpg

P1120565_zps45aa3174.jpg