tele butterfly fry

mikroll

• Replies 163
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 4 weeks later...

Hi to all . and answer to your question about eggs is yes and no. yes I plan to raise what these produce but was not really interested in only a few eggs as they should produce much more as Spring nears ( I hope) . But after reading what you all have posted I refelected and remembered a song, by Jim croce, where he sings that we do not spit into the wind, do not tug on supermans cape , do not pull the mask off the lone ranger and DO not mess around with Slim. those are the laws of nature and thus I feel blessed that these little darlings have given me the chance to raise their young and so I have sifoned out what few eggs remain and placed them into a hatch bowl to give them that chance of life and we will see what developes. who knows it produce something nice?

today they decide to produce and I now have plenty of eggs , great joy. H-S, artificle the two couples , the blacks pictured abouve and the others the orange and black calicos. set up a little hatch station, pictured, with the first artemia shrimps hatch for the first little group. these should be hatched in about 100 hours time and by then will be plenty busy preparing first foods. this group is F3.

P1110936_zpsd821622f.jpg

Edited by mikroll

Today hatch the eggs and i now have many little attitudes to attend to besides the first 5. the blacks produced very few fertile , the orange and black tigers did very well and there should be at 100+ ( not bad for 9 months age, the redcaps also spawned but I think these eggs are not fertile. pictured again is the little hatch station and food supply as I see the other picture has got itself lost somewhere to the internet land of red x.

P1110945_zps362beb81.jpg

P1110946_zpsf6e65130.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

All new hatchlings now do very well , and parents spawn again. pictured is nice shot of 9 month old female egging.

P1120022_zps01ebcd00.jpg

P1120020_zps3989c624.jpg

Edited by mikroll

Hi yafashelli, thanks and yes and it was good luck that I got the actual instant that she was egging. I have tried many times to capture the moment but it is so fast.

and yes I have plenty eggs hatched . and now they give a few more !