tele butterfly fry

mikroll

• Replies 163
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

it's a wonderful experience, raising fry. And the whole "how they will look like in the future" is the most wonderful feeling.

One question...

will the black ones remain black? or we won't know that until the 6th month.

I have a black one and don't know if it will remain black. To be honest i hope it will get some colours.

The second of the two babies i have is white one and got some orange colours in several spots.

Here they are up until now (3 months old).

http://www.flickr.com/photos/74021057@N03/7180002371/in/photostream

Parents where a white Pearlscale with orange telescope eyes (female) and a Calico telescope with tripod tail (male).

One question...

will the black ones remain black? or we won't know that until the 6th month.

I have a black one and don't know if it will remain black.

Hi Spyromon,

As this is first time I breed these fish I can not say what they will produce . you can see one all black in picture. there are very few like that in these groups and we watch him closely.

I raise black moor and they are black from the begining and remain so throught their lives. Although I understand that many have problems with color changes I have never seen it with mine.

pictured is side view of a few at 58 day. most of these seem to have major problems and will be discarded

P1100795.jpg

Hi RyukinFan, major problems:

mattes (flat white) with transparent gill cover are not pretty .

the wild color metalics might color up later but most likely will be some sort of solid metalic color.

the singles tails have already been moved to the LFS pond along with the "closed" tails.

the "no grows" will also go.

will raise up whatever is left( I hope ).

Hi RyukinFan, major problems:

mattes (flat white) with transparent gill cover are not pretty .

the wild color metalics might color up later but most likely will be some sort of solid metalic color.

the singles tails have already been moved to the LFS pond along with the "closed" tails.

the "no grows" will also go.

will raise up whatever is left( I hope ).

It's funny you say that about mattes, they're in quite high demand over here as a good quality matte is rare. In fairness I can imagine a matte telescope not being pretty too!

With mine I'm not going to cull for colour as I don't have that many.

My closed tails will be going to the LFS too.

I thought looking at the fish that they perhaps may not meet your high standards as theres is many sellable fish in there from LFS's point of view.

Hi RF, my "culling" means seperating into groups. those which are desired will be given most intense care as to repeat feedings, and guards for parasite etc. the cast offs go to the special pond (LFS) as i already have order requests.

It is a matter of space available and into the best boys tank go the best . plan to keep abut 40 and need six good ones from that. as remeber this is an experiment( see' six tales from China' post) for the good tele panda to come in September from same breed house. So far all seems to go OK.

You are correct not to throw anything of your spawn away; this is your first spawn with these parents?

Hi RF, my "culling" means seperating into groups. those which are desired will be given most intense care as to repeat feedings, and guards for parasite etc. the cast offs go to the special pond (LFS) as i already have order requests.

It is a matter of space available and into the best boys tank go the best . plan to keep abut 40 and need six good ones from that. as remeber this is an experiment( see' six tales from China' post) for the good tele panda to come in September from same breed house. So far all seems to go OK.

You are correct not to throw anything of your spawn away; this is your first spawn with these parents?

Hi Mikroll, I get what you mean now in terms of seperating your fry. As I don't have so many I'm not going to seperate them until they are of the right size to go to the LFS.

I saw about your other post too.

This is my first breeding with relatively young parents so we'll see what sort of quality fry come of it.

Beautiful fry! So jealous of how bright the coloration is on those two, and the fry with the black on it's face has a lovely tail! Thank you for sharing!