Search the Community
Showing results for tags '29 gallon'.
Found 3 results
Pretty excited, we picked up a used 29 for $25 from the lfs and I'm picking up the stand for $15 tomorrow. Not as big as I originally wanted, but it's only for my two fancies and its the best I can do. I can stop losing sleep over them being crowded now haha
Long time, no update, eh? Look at her cute little tummy! I usually hate fake decor, but my mom insisted I put something because my tank is too "boring" I'll take it out eventually. The fish have been doing well. I upgraded them from a 5 gallon in June of 2013, soo they've been in the 29 for about 6 months. Of course, they had become stunted, there is no way I can reverse that now, they will never be 10 inch commons. But I am pleased with the progress they have made. They're growing slowly and have definitely fattened up. They have the cutest little protruding bellies. Olive has grown more than Orange, which doesn't surprise me, since she hogs all the food. And for those of you who don't know, yes, Orange is missing a dorsal fin, it wasn't genetic, it was just a result of bullying in the 5 gallon from a third fish, how the fin is so cleanly missing is still a mystery to me. It is not growing back, but I really don't mind since it makes her so unique and cute. Olive and Orange have been with me for over a year now, I love them a lot. :heart Nothing exiting has gone on except for the recent explosion of diatoms. It covered everything, including my glass planter, which I removed since it was annoying me anyway. The tank is now a blank slate, and I'm stuck on how to re-decorate it. Okay, that's all for now! Thanks for looking! (: Georgia
So I've decided to Cycle my 29 gallon and not seed it from my old tank that is currently owned by my brother. He lost my black moore about a week or so ago. I don't want to take any chances infecting a new tank especially since I will be ordering 2 Ranchu from ECR. The 29 gallon will only be a temporary home for the two until I can go get another 55 gallon. I figured I might as well start my cycle and prepare. I'm tempted to become a subscriber again and enter the new Raffle! I've been keeping a log of everything I have done to the tank to ensure that everything is going well with the cycling process. My notes on here will be verbatim from my hand written log, mistakes and all lol. I am going to keep updating it on here so if I miss something, someone can hopefully go ahead and point it out to me 29 Gallon Tank with AQ110 Air Stone Two Tank heaters. Tank Temp about 80 Degrees F Started Cycling 8/12/13 ( Monday ) First Dosage of Ammonia 1/4 tsp. Will wait to see the results before re-dosing. Need to obtain 0.5ppm of ammonia. First Reading appears to be @ 1.0ppm Ammonia Will re-test to make sure its accurate. * Stirred the tank water around. Re-tested and it came down to 0.5ppm Ammonia PH Level is Currently @ 7.2. Cycling 8/13/13 ( Tuesday ) Re-tested Ammonia in tank. Still at 0.5ppm as expected. Added 1/2 tsp. Tank currently has 3/4 tsp of ammonia. Tested Ammonia and tank is @ 4.0ppm. Perfect. * Will leave tank alone until Monday or Tuesday of Next week to see where it is at. Cycling 8/19/13 ( Monday ) Tested : Ammonia = 0.0ppm Nitrite = 0.0ppm Ammonia and Nitrite Readings are not what I expected. Hypothesis was 4.0ppm of ammonia and possible slight Nitrite reading. PH = 6.8ppm ...... Ph has dropped. May need to consider using " Buff it up" Re- tested. Results came back the same. Added a 1/2 tsp of ammonia. Reading is now at 4.0ppm of Ammonia. Will check on 8/21/13 ( Wednesday )