Hi folks. I've got a goldfish, probably a Comet, that I just transferred from a 10-gal to 20-gal tank about 5 weeks ago. I hung both old and new filters for the first four weeks. Levels have all seemed good (pasted below). A few days ago he started developing red patches around his pelvic fins and belly. I've seen this a few times before and he's always recovered, but I assumed the new, larger tank would alleviate some potential issues.
Not sure if this is Red Pest or a parasite but hoping someone here will have seen this before.
Here's an image:
Here is the form info (I have the API Master Test Kit:
Test Results for the Following:
* Ammonia Level(Tank) .25ppm
* Nitrite Level(Tank) (minimal)
* Nitrate level(Tank) <5ppm
* Ammonia Level(Tap) - minimal
* Nitrite Level(Tap) - minimal
* Nitrate level(Tap) -minimal
* Ph Level, Tank ~7.5
* Ph Level, Tap
Other Required Info:
* Brand of test-kit used and whether strips or drops? Please answer both brand and type. API Freshwater Master Test Kit
* Water temperature? If you don't use a heater, give the the air temperature. Air Temp ~68-70 degrees
* Tank size (how many gals.) - 20gal - running about 5 weeks
* What is the name and "size of the filter"(s)? - Fluval 30
* How often do you change the water and how much? Roughly 10% per week. Sometimes 15-20% if things don't seem ideal (fish or water clarity)
* How many days ago was the last water change and how much did you change? Yesterday, 15%
* How many fish in the tank and their size? One goldfish - roughly 4" nose to base of tail.
* What kind of water additives or conditioners? API Stress Coat as directed when doing refills
* What do you feed your fish and how often? Aqueon granules - small pinch 2x/day (maybe 10-12 granules per pinch. Food goes in <30 seconds
* Any new fish added to the tank? No
* Any medications added to the tank? Aquarium Salt added with refills. Maybe 50% of recommended levels on package.
* List entire medication/treatment history for fish and tank.
* Any unusual findings on the fish such as "grains of salt," bloody streaks, frayed fins or fungus? List all physical symptoms. Red patches as shown in image
* Any unusual behavior like staying at the bottom, not eating, etc.? List all behavioral symptoms. Behavior appears normal. Energetic, especially when fed. Surfaces when I'm near tank. Balance seems normal.