Test Results for the Following:
* Ammonia Level(Tank) 0ppm
* Nitrite Level(Tank) 0ppm
* Nitrate level(Tank) 5ppm
* Ammonia Level(Tap) 0
* Nitrite Level(Tap) 0
* Nitrate level(Tap) 0
* Ph Level, Tank 7.4 (If possible, KH, GH and chloramines)
* Ph Level, Tap (If possible, KH, GH and chloramines)
Other Required Info:
* Brand of test-kit used and whether strips or drops? API drops
* Water temperature? 78f
* Tank size (how many gals.) and how long has it been running? 75 gallons, 3 months
* What is the name and "size of the filter"(s)? 2 bactosurge xls, Aquaclear 105, aqua clear 40
* How often do you change the water and how much? when they were healthy- 33% weekly. Now that they have issues- daily either 90% or 50%
* How many days ago was the last water change and how much did you change? yesterday, 50%
* How many fish in the tank and their size? 4 orandas, all around 4 inches
* What kind of water additives or conditioners? i use prime and stress coat everytime
* What do you feed your fish and how often? Repashy weekly, frozen peas every other day, Hikari fnacy goldfish pellets daily.
* Any new fish added to the tank? Yes, 10 days ago after 2 week quarantine
* Any medications added to the tank? first round of prazi pro just finshed 48 hours ago. Then I did a 90% change and added salt.
* List entire medication/treatment history for fish and tank.Please include salt, Prazi, PP, etc and the approximate time and duration of treatment. przipro for 3 days, drained 90%, added salt at .01%
* Any unusual findings on the fish such as "grains of salt," bloody streaks, frayed fins or fungus? All fish have ich.
Each fish and the symptom:
Ginko: flashing, rubbing, knocked off scales against thermometer, sitting at bottom of tank, stingy poop, though some is still normal. Gills may be working harder than normal.
Orson: going between active and tank sitting. Slight purplish stripe on belly. Flashing, rubbing. Gills may be working harder than normal.
Edmund: Flashing, rubbing, stringy poop, though some is still normal.
Pachinko: (new fish): Normal!
* Any unusual behavior like staying at the bottom, not eating, etc.? Listed above.
A few more words: All fish still eating well. I just got Pachinko three weeks ago. Did a two-week qt with prazipro (two doses) and salt. Added her to the big tank and two days later she had ich spots. Put her back in QT, but too late. They all have it. Now they are all in the same tank. I gave the tank one dose of prazipro bc I thought the flashing was gill flukes. Then they showed up with ick. I emptied the tank 90% , refilled,and added salt. Raising the heat to 86f, it is now at 78f. I woke up this morning and noticed a purple tinge to Orson's belly. He has a black belly stripe normally, but now it has a purple tinge. I am still raising the salt to get to .03%, but i have spent all morning trying to decide whether or not to qt Orson and treat for hemmoraghic septicemia.