Hello! I'm Donetta and I'm new here! This is an awesome site and I love learning about Goldfish! This is my second Goldfish tank. The first Goldie I had died of a bacterial infection I believe a few years back. After that I had a Betta or two now I'm back to Goldie's. I have lots to learn about them. I recently got me two new Ranch babies, Goldie and Chum-Chum. I want to have them a long time and willing to do what I can so they grow into healthy fish. I appreciate all the help I can get and appreciate you being here. Here's my form. Thanks!!
Test Results for the Following:
* Ammonia Level(Tank) 0
* Nitrite Level(Tank). ?? I don't have this test.
* Nitrate level(Tank) 2.5ppm
* Ammonia Level(Tap) 0
* Nitrite Level(Tap) ??
* Nitrate level(Tap) 0
* Ph Level, Tank (If possible, KH, GH and chloramines) 8.8ph so high from Aq salt I believe??) , I have hard water! I live in Southern California
* Ph Level, Tap (If possible, KH, GH and chloramines) 7.6ph
Other Required Info:
* Brand of test-kit used and whether strips or drops? API drops
* Water temperature? 80
* Tank size (how many gals.) and how long has it been running? 20gal long, since 8/18/18
* What is the name and "size of the filter"(s)? Aquaclear 30 & a sponge filter
* How often do you change the water and how much? The first week I got them I did daily 75% water change. Now following qt Prazipro treatment so usually do Twice per week, 50-75%
* How many days ago was the last water change and how much did you change? Yesterday, 75%
* How many fish in the tank and their size? 2 Ranchu ( Goldie and Chum-Chum) each 2" from head to tail. I bought from LFS. They were in the same tank.
* What kind of water additives or conditioners? Prime, vitachem
* What do you feed your fish and how often? Omega kelp Pellets for last two days with Epsom salt. I give them two pellets am and two pm each. Before that I was giving them a mix of pellets and mostly sushi Nori. This was working until I gave them pellets without soaking them one day and they got constipated. So I fasted them and gave them peas and this worked, but then they got constipated off the peas. I think I gave them too much about 1/4 pea each chopped up. Too much?
* Any new fish added to the tank? Only two new fish in tank
* Any medications added to the tank? Yes
* List entire medication/treatment history for fish and tank.Please include salt, Prazi, PP, etc and the approximate time and duration of treatment. Started QT treatment 8/25 of .3% Aq salt and double dose Prazipro. I'm on my 3rd round of Prazi. Feeding Epsom salt pellets for the last two day. I mixed up the Epsom salt water according to info on this site.
* Any unusual findings on the fish such as "grains of salt," bloody streaks, frayed fins or fungus? Last two days observed very light black smudges and tiny red dot on my fish "Goldie" that is all yellow- orange color. However I checked this morning and it's gone.
* Any unusual behavior like staying at the bottom, not eating, etc.? Goldie and Chum-Chum have big appetites! However, they bottom sit for a few minutes here and there. Goldie more so than Chum-Chum. This is improving though. Also when they bottom sit they will stop moving their fins and let themselves float a little. They do this after Prazi treatment too. They use to flash a lot, but now only occasionally. Goldie spends a bit of time gulping air at the surface. I have a lot of surface movements from the hob filter, sponge filter and 10" bubble wand. I'm really concerned about their poo. Which is thin, stringy and white despite feeding them Epsom salt pellets the last two days. They are not pooping enough.