Hello, new user here. My poor Black Moor, Goofy, has Ich!
Test Results for the Following:
* Ammonia Level(Tank) .50 ppm
* Nitrite Level(Tank) 2.0-5.0 ppm
* Nitrate level(Tank) 20 ppm
* Ammonia Level(Tap) .50 - 1.0 ppm
* Nitrite Level(Tap) 0
* Nitrate level(Tap) 20 ppm
* Ph Level, Tank (If possible, KH, GH and chloramines) 7.4
* Ph Level, Tap (If possible, KH, GH and chloramines) 7.4
Other Required Info:
* Brand of test-kit used and whether strips or drops? API drops
* Water temperature? 71 F
* Tank size (how many gals.) and how long has it been running? 29 gal, 8 days
* What is the name and "size of the filter"(s)? marineland 30-60 HOB, 300gph + undergravel w/powerhead
* How often do you change the water and how much? daily 25-50%
* How many days ago was the last water change and how much did you change? this evening, 25%
* How many fish in the tank and their size? 1, 3in
* What kind of water additives or conditioners? seachem prime
* What do you feed your fish and how often? tetra flake/pellets, 2/day
* Any new fish added to the tank? no
* Any medications added to the tank? Kordon rid ich plus
* List entire medication/treatment history for fish and tank.Please include salt, Prazi, PP, etc and the approximate time and duration of treatment.
* Any unusual findings on the fish such as "grains of salt," bloody streaks, frayed fins or fungus?
* Any unusual behavior like staying at the bottom, not eating, etc.?
Goofy has had Ich for over a month now. Prior to two weeks ago, he was living in a divided off section of a 55gal with 2 common goldfish on the other side of the divider. That tank was not fully cycled, but is now. During cycling, Goofy developed white "salt grain" spots on his tail fins, I quickly identified as Ich. 3 treatments have been attemptedThe first was API Super Ick cure. Attempted a full treatment over a 72 hour period, Ich went away but re-appeared after about 5 days.The second was salt and heat, for a 10 day period. Temp was raised to 84-86 degrees. Ich was gone at the end of 10 days, treatment was discontinued prematurely due to fish appearing stressed by the heat. Ich returned stronger than ever, presenting on Goofy's gill flaps and pectoral fins. Current treatment with Kordon Rid Ich Plus, for the last 8 days. Goofy was transferred to a separate, new tank for treatment after 2 days. Normal behavior until yesterday, he has started spending a lot of time at the top of the tank and gasping. He appears stressed by the length of the treatment. I do a 25-50% water change daily and re-apply the medicine. I also replace the carbon filters in the aquarium for a period of 30 minutes to an hour before retreating, to remove any residual from the previous treatment. The filters are removed after that period, and the next dose is applied.New tank is obviously not cycled, thinking his behavior might be due to the water quality, I used an emergency dose of Seachem Prime to detoxify nitrite and ammonia down to .50 PPM nitrite and .25 PPM ammonia, earlier this evening. It does not appear to have helped.Can't really tell if he is eating, he is missing an eye (this happened a long time ago and has since healed fine) and has telescope eyes, so his poor eyesight forces him to scrounge food off the bottom. I rarely see him eat, but I do occasionally see him poop and scrounge. The Rid ich is helping fight the ich, as of today there is only 1 visible spot on his exterior, but I am not sure if he will make it through 4-5 more days of treatment. I want to be sure the Ich is 100% gone, but I am afraid if I don't discontinue the treatment, he won't make it. Sorry for the length of the post, but I really want to help my poor Goofy!