I've recently got some goldfish that I keep in a 130 gallon outdoor tub. A week ago or so I had water quality problems due to using a nitrate removing filter (to reduce the nitrates coming out of my London tap water which are 30ppm) this caused a crash in PH which killed off some of my filter bacteria.
My fish have been a little lethargic then and keeping close to the surface. they all have a very slight whitish coat on them. One however seems to have something near his mouth, can you help with what it may be and how I can treat it?
Test Results for the Following:
* Ammonia Level(Tank) 0.10
* Nitrite Level(Tank) 0
* Nitrate level(Tank) 40
* Ammonia Level(Tap) 0
* Nitrite Level(Tap) 0
* Nitrate level(Tap) 30
* Ph Level, Tank (If possible, KH, GH and chloramines) 7.4
* Ph Level, Tap (If possible, KH, GH and chloramines) 7.4
Other Required Info:
* Brand of test-kit used and whether strips or drops? API
* Water temperature? 25 celsius
* Tank size (how many gals.) and how long has it been running? 130 G 2 months
* What is the name and "size of the filter"(s)? large pond filter, no UV but I can add.
* How often do you change the water and how much? 50% every 3 days
* How many days ago was the last water change and how much did you change? 2 days, 90%
* How many fish in the tank and their size? 6, 3 inches
* What kind of water additives or conditioners? Prime
* What do you feed your fish and how often? 3/4 times a day, hikari, soilent green, frozen bloodworms
* Any new fish added to the tank? no
* Any medications added to the tank? no
* List entire medication/treatment history for fish and tank.Please include salt, Prazi, PP, etc and the approximate time and duration of treatment. no previous history
* Any unusual findings on the fish such as "grains of salt," bloody streaks, frayed fins or fungus? whitish slime coating on the other fish, hanging near the surface, low level of activity.
* Any unusual behavior like staying at the bottom, not eating, etc.? all eating well