Test Results for the Following:
* Ammonia Level(Tank) - 0 ppm
* Nitrite Level(Tank) - 0 ppm
* Nitrate level(Tank) - 5 - 10 ppm (it was orange in color...not sure if it was closer to the 5 or 10 though)
* Ammonia Level(Tap) - 0 ppm
* Nitrite Level(Tap) - 0 ppm
* Nitrate level(Tap) - 0 ppm
* Ph Level, Tank (If possible, KH, GH and chloramines) - 7.6 (7.4 high Ph test)
* Ph Level, Tap (If possible, KH, GH and chloramines) - 7.6
Other Required Info:
* Brand of test-kit used and whether strips or drops? API Freshwater Master Test Kit
* Water temperature? 72 degrees F
* Tank size (how many gals.) and how long has it been running? 10 gallon tank; complete water change about 2 months ago; 1/2 water change 2 weeks ago when fish became sick. I am using the 10 gallon tank as a quarantine tank.
* What is the name and "size of the filter"(s)? TopFin 10 Filter
* How often do you change the water and how much? Water is changed every two weeks or so now. In past water was not changed very often though. Will be changing 20% or so water weekly in new tank I have (will be moving fish to 36 gallon tank).
* How many days ago was the last water change and how much did you change? 2 days ago changed about 20%; 1 day ago changed 10-15% again when noticed that the meds were not clearing out of the water. The water still has a green cast to it.
* How many fish in the tank and their size? 1 Black Moor about 6 inches; 1 algae eater about 3 or so inches.
* What kind of water additives or conditioners? Quick start; API Stress Coat +
* What do you feed your fish and how often? TetraMin tropical flakes twice a day
* Any new fish added to the tank? I bought a new tank and added new fish to it and the two old fish (black moor and algae eater). The two old fish became stressed and had a white fungus on them so I moved them back to the quarantine tank.
* Any medications added to the tank? API Fungus Cure Powder
* List entire medication/treatment history for fish and tank. This is the second treatment with the API Fungus Cure Powder. The first treatment was about 3 months ago. The black moor had cloudy eye that seemed to clear up (although she did loose one eye). Treatment was for four days each time, according to the directions.
* Any unusual findings on the fish such as "grains of salt," bloody streaks, frayed fins or fungus? Frayed fins were cleared up with the first treatment of Fungus Cure Powder. Black moor has lost one eye as shown in the pictures.
* Any unusual behavior like staying at the bottom, not eating, etc.? She seems a little agitated, but is eating and swimming around.