Please copy & paste fill the following form and fill it out to the best of your ability when requesting help for Goldfish Problems:.
Test Results for the Following:
* Ammonia Level(Tank)zero (I'm using prime every day though) * Nitrite Level(Tank) zero * Nitrate level(Tank) not zero, it would say 5 ppm .
* Ammonia Level(Tap) zero * Nitrite Level(Tap) zero * Nitrate level(Tap) zero
* Ph Level, Tank either 7.o or 7.2 can't tell really(If possible, KH, GH and chloramines) * Ph Level, Tap (more blue)7.6 on low ph test 7.4 on high rang (lowest indicator)
Other Required Info:
* Brand of test-kit used and whether strips or drops? Api master test kit
* Water temperature?80
* Tank size (how many gals.) and how long has it been running? filled to 32 gallons at the moment normally 34
* What is the name and "size of the filter"(s)? Aqua clear 70 & 30 By the "size" I think together they do 350 gph
* How often do you change the water and how much? Every five days sometimes was more cause I wanted them to have clean water so they would grow. They have since February when I got them
* How many days ago was the last water change and how much did you change? this morning 50% yesterday maybe 2/3
* How many fish in the tank and their size? Two my little orange oranda is two and a half and plumper than my black moor who is about two inches his fins are shorter than hers ...oranda and black moor
* What kind of water additives or conditioners? Api I have ph up but I was doing so many water changes I decided to let it stay at the same as the tap since it may be healthier for them than fluxuations
* What do you feed your fish and how often? Before they got ich they had corn as a treat, cucumbers, broccoli banana once or twice peas but then I saw home made gel food so I added peppers kale garlic tilapia(?) and carrots etc to make that instead , frozen pro salt blood worms, sinking nutrifin max pellets colour enhancer pellets are in my stash but I kind of stopped using them as much since my orange oranda would hog all of them and get bouyancy issues after , that stoked with the switch a few months ago, a bit in the morning at ten am and a bit around 1 pm .... Usually bloodworms through this treatment every other day, just enough to for them to eat in a few mins
* Any new fish added to the tank? Nope
* Any medications added to the tank? Aquarium salt , / pickling salt which salt is the only ingredient ..... I use the weighing scale and the equation 3.79 x31 gallons to get 117 grams (1%) in their tank right now. ......I was stupid and had it at 1% for eight days when I was treating them before the rid inch at first by accident found it wasn't working too much so I started rid ice treatment ! following the malachite green after buying that after it ran out by accident all the while heing an elevated 80 --82 f temperature Malachite green at 0.05 per litre so 15 ml each day makes .05 % the package says, the safe amount
* List entire medication/treatment history for fish and tank. Please include salt, Prazi, PP, etc and the approximate time and duration of treatment.
* Any unusual findings on the fish such as "grains of salt," bloody streaks, frayed fins or fungus? my little white and orange guy got blood streaks when he started to bloat from the three percent salt bath but that went away , I don't see dropsy evidence since he is pretty much himself but unfortunately there are streaks on him right now probably from so much stress of meds and water changes every day, they have ich and have had it since I would say may 12 when they would scratch on the sand it barely had any spots (black guy had no spots but would itch )
* Any unusual behavior like staying at the bottom, not eating, etc.? they all eat, they just don't play in the bubble want like they used to when they were them selves , but orange oranda still scavenges, my black moor was scavenging and always swimming even when the lights were switched off for the 6 malachite green treatment days up until today now he just goes and swims around when he chooses to and hovers around the sand instead, I'm guessing h will bounce back since he is the more risiliNt one if I keep up with the ich treatment