Test Results for the Following:
* Ammonia Level(Tank) unknown.. Do I need a different test? If so, which do you recommend?
* Nitrite Level(Tank) = 0
* Nitrate level(Tank) = 20
* Ammonia Level(Tap) = n/a
* Nitrite Level(Tap) = 0
* Nitrate level(Tap) = 0
* Ph Level, Tank = 7
KH = 120
GH = 129
* Ph Level, KH, GH of tap = same as above
Other Required Info:
* Brand of test-kit used and whether strips or drops? API 5 in 1
* Water temperature? 68
* Tank size (how many gals.) and how long has it been running? 5 5.5G running for 8 months
* What is the name and "size of the filter"(s)? Topfin power filter
* How often do you change the water and how much? 75% every week
* How many days ago was the last water change and how much did you change? 3 days 75%
* How many fish in the tank and their size? 1 goldfish 2-3in body
* What kind of water additives or conditioners? Topfin h2o conditioner, stresszyme, bacteria
* What do you feed your fish and how often? 2/day enough food for 3min eating and none left over
* Any new fish added to the tank? No
* Any medications added to the tank? Ick before. Today I tried api aquarium salt
* List entire medication/treatment history for fish and tank. Please include salt, Prazi, PP, etc and the approximate time and duration of treatment.
Ick every 2 days for a week. I added aquarium salt today.
* Any unusual findings on the fish such as "grains of salt," bloody streaks, frayed fins or fungus?
Persistent white raised spots on tail fin only. Was just two but now 6. Veins showing in tail fin as well.
* Any unusual behavior like staying at the bottom, not eating, etc.? Doesn't eat as much or seem as energetic. Floats slightly sideways.