Today I came home and noticed my butterfly telescope swimming around weird and looking like she was getting pushed around by the current of my filter. I was standing far away and I'm not 100% sure but I think I saw her get sucked rip up against the filter and get stuck for a second.
I got 3 fish and two of them (including the butterfly telescope) were quarantined together and another was quarantined by itself. For 2.5 weeks I had both tanks at .3% salinity. My tanks weren't cycled so I was doing daily water changes too. After this, I proceeded to do 2 weeks/cycles of Prazi treatment for both tanks. After 2 cycles I did a big water change and added all 3 fish together. I continued to do Prazi treatments for an additional 2 cycles.
Seeing how the fish seemed perfectly fine and normal, I decided to finally add my tank decorations, sand substrate and rocks. I also cleaned out my filter (in old tank water) and readded my carbonated filter. I tested my water on Monday and noticed the tank seemed to have slightly uncycled. The Ammonia was at .25ppm and so was the Nitrite. I did a 70% water change that day.
Today is the first time I noticed any unusual behavior, and I once again tested my tank and it was at .25ppm and so was the nitrite.
The other two fish seem fine, but the butterfly telescope seems to be out of whack.
Here's a video of her swimming sideways and upside down. Notice her top fin looks a little limp.
* Ammonia Level(Tank): .25ppm
* Nitrite Level(Tank): .25ppm
* Nitrate level(Tank): 0ppm
* Ammonia Level(Tap): .25ppm
* Nitrite Level(Tap): 0ppm
* Nitrate level(Tap): 0ppm
* Ph Level, Tank (If possible, KH, GH and chloramines): 7.8
* Ph Level, Tap (If possible, KH, GH and chloramines): 7.8
Other Required Info:
* Brand of test-kit used and whether strips or drops: API Test Kit Liquid
* Water temperature: 78F
* Tank size (how many gals.) and how long has it been running: 29g
* What is the name and "size of the filter"(s): Aquaclear 70 (300gph)
* How often do you change the water and how much: Twice a week (50-60%)
* How many days ago was the last water change and how much did you change: Yesterday (70%)
* How many fish in the tank and their size: 2.5" Ranchu, 2.5" Telescope Butterfly, 1.5" Ryukin
* What kind of water additives or conditioners: Seachem Prime
* What do you feed your fish and how often: Twice daily (Hikari Sinking Pellets)
* Any new fish added to the tank: All three were purchased within the past 2 months (see description above)
* Any medications added to the tank: None
* List entire medication/treatment history for fish and tank. Please include salt, Prazi, PP, etc and the approximate time and duration of treatment: See description above
* Any unusual findings on the fish such as "grains of salt," bloody streaks, frayed fins or fungus: Dorsal fin not erect
* Any unusual behavior like staying at the bottom, not eating, etc.: Looking like it is exerting a lot of energy to swim, swimming sideways/upside down (see video)
Thanks for any help. I appreciate it.