I am new to the forum and apologize that my first post is to ask for help with my little Ranchu. His name is Tank.
He has SBD. Not sure what caused it to flare up so bad this time. He has had issues before but not to this extent.
He is 3 years old. He is normally in an 80 gallon with 5 other fish. A 5-6” incl tail moor, two 3.5” off spring of my ranchu and moor, a 2 ¼” pearlscale, 1 ¾” ranchu. The last two are fairly new. I did the quarantine with salt and Prazi for the last two before adding to the main tank.
It has an Aquaclear 70, an Eheim Pro 3 2075 and two airstones.
I do 80% water changes every 5 days and dose tap water with Prime.
Normally feed Hikari Lionhead pellets, peas every 2-3 days and frozen brine shimp/bloodworms 3 times a week.
I’m pretty good at monitoring and maintaining water quality so I am at a loss.
I would appreciate any help. This is my wife’s favourite fish! Why does it always have to be “THAT” fish? L
Here is what I have done so far:
May 25-27 fasting
May 27 100% wc
Metroplex and kanaplex
May 28 2 x ¼” cubes of NLS Algae gel
Double dose of Prime
• Test Results for the Following:
◦ * Ammonia Level(Tank) .25
◦ * Nitrite Level(Tank) 0
◦ * Nitrate level(Tank) 0
◦ * Ammonia Level(Tap) 0-.25
◦ * Nitrite Level(Tap) 0
◦ * Nitrate level(Tap) 0
◦ * Ph Level, Tank (If possible, KH, GH and chloramines) 6 tested twice, seems low
◦ * Ph Level, Tap (If possible, KH, GH and chloramines) 6.6
◦ Other Required Info:
▪ * Brand of test-kit used and whether strips or drops? API master
▪ * Water temperature? 24 degrees
▪ * Tank size (how many gals.) and how long has it been running? 10 g hospital tank 2 weeks
▪ * What is the name and "size of the filter"(s)? floss/bubbler filter
▪ * How often do you change the water and how much? 90% every 2 days
• * How many days ago was the last water change and how much did you change? Yesterday 90%
• * How many fish in the tank and their size? 1 Ranchu 3 1/2”
• * What kind of water additives or conditioners? Prime
• * What do you feed your fish and how often? NLS algae gel
• * Any new fish added to the tank? no
• * Any medications added to the tank? yes
• * List entire medication/treatment history for fish and tank. Please include salt, Prazi, PP, etc and the approximate time and duration of treatment
¼ teaspoon of Epsom, 2 part metroplex and kanaplex both Seachem
• * Any unusual findings on the fish such as "grains of salt," bloody streaks, frayed fins or fungus? 2 small red dots at vent
• * Any unusual behavior like staying at the bottom, not eating, etc.? Floating upside down. Swims normally but floats to the top upside down as soon as he stops swimming. Rights himself and eats fine.
This is the video from my photobucket