Hi, thanks for helping me. I’ve two goldfish in my tank and recently-for the past few days- my black moor has been acting really lethargic, sitting in the same corner- he’d swim around a bit, then go to the exact corner behind a plant. So, worried about the ammonia levels, I decided a water change was in order, and in the middle of siphoning out the water, the poor black moor got sucked in and got stuck between the tube and the vacuum. I got him out, but his protruding eyes seemed to have ruptured, the skin flows around his eyes, you can see his eyes but they don’t protrude. I don’t think he can see anything and he still seems extremely lethargic and doesn’t move around unless the other goldfish bumps into him. I'll post pictures and a video as soon as my phone turns on.
Test Results for the Following:
* Ammonia Level (tank): I’m sorry, I can’t give any information about the water.
* Nitrite Level (tank)
* Nitrate level (Tank)
* Ammonia Level (Tap):
* Nitrite Level (Tap)
* Nitrate level (Tap)
* Ph Level, (Tank) (If possible, KH, GH and chloramines)
* Ph Level, (Tap) (If possible, KH, GH and chloramines)
Other Required Info:
* Brand of test-kit used and whether strips or drops?- N/A
* What is the name and "size of the filter"(s)? I don’t remember the name but it was a 20-30 gallon filter.
* What kind of water additives or conditioners? “Startup Kit”
* Water temperature? Hovering around 60 F
* How often do you change the water and how much? Typically once a week at about 25%
* How many days ago was the last water change and how much did you change? Today, I was worried and was in the process of a 40% change though
* Tank size (how many gals.) and how long has it been running? Fifteen, two months
* How many fish in the tank and their size? Two, about an inch and a half each
* What do you feed your fish and how often? Once a day, a pinch of betta flakes.
* Any new fish added to the tank? No
* Any medications added to the tank? No
* List previous issues experienced (dropsy, SBD, etc.) None at all
* Any unusual findings on the fish such as "grains of salt," bloody streaks, frayed fins or fungus? No, aside from the lack of protruding eyes and the skin around the face
* Any unusual behavior like staying at the bottom, not eating, etc.? The other goldfish is fine- though he does like to sit between the filter and the wall of the tank, but the black moor stays at the bottom and seems to be gasping for air
* List entire medication/treatment history for fish and tank. Please include salt, Prazi, PP, etc and the approximate time and duration of treatment. Absolutely no problems until now
* You can really help us to identify with the concern more accurately if you post some pictures and a short video.