Hi there, thankyou very much for your reply! and thanks, they are my first fish and I really don't want to let my other one die without doing as much as possible for him. Or her.
Okay so you think I should proceed and clean the tank? The symptoms he's showing do seem extremely minor but I don't really want to take chances; all he's really doing is twitching a bit. When I first got my fish and they were not used to the water, I was told to change the water 33% every day to 'cycle' them. I apologise if this seems naive, but is this correct?
Here is my set up - not much going on, I have the filter in the middle and a few plants in the corner which is where he likes to hang out. I tried a few videos but he doesn't feel like coming out at the moment, so I will post one when he does.
As for the test results, I'm going getting my water tested on Friday (atleast I was going to if I have not completely changed the water) as I want to pick up medicine just incase. Is there anything that you would recommend me getting?
Test Results for the Following:
Other Required Info:
* Ammonia Level (tank): ?
* Nitrite Level (tank): ?
* Nitrate level (Tank): ?
* Ammonia Level (Tap): ?
* Nitrite Level (Tap): ?
* Nitrate level (Tap): ?
* Ph Level, (Tank) (If possible, KH, GH and chloramines): ?
* Ph Level, (Tap) (If possible, KH, GH and chloramines): ?
* Brand of test-kit used and whether strips or drops?: ?
* What is the name and "size of the filter"(s)? I'm not sure, it's about 6 inches high and an inch wide.
* What kind of water additives or conditioners? -I use interpret bio active tapsafe.
* Water temperature? Unsure, it's not unusually cold or warm from what I can tell.
* How often do you change the water and how much? Generally about 40% once a week. In the last few days I have been doing 40% changes daily to try and save my fish.
* How many days ago was the last water change and how much did you change? Today, and I changed 10%
* Tank size (how many gals.) and how long has it been running? 24 litres and it's been running for 3 months
* How many fish in the tank and their size? 1 now, two until today, he is 2 and a half inches long. I think he is very young.
* What do you feed your fish and how often? I feed them Aquarian gold fish flakes twice a day. Generally I give them about 10 flakes between them at each feeding time.
* Any new fish added to the tank? No.
* Any medications added to the tank? No.
* List previous issues experienced (dropsy, SBD, etc.) None
* Any unusual findings on the fish such as "grains of salt," bloody streaks, frayed fins or fungus? Fungus I believe on the now deceased fish, see below.
* Any unusual behavior like staying at the bottom, not eating, etc.? - only by the deceased fish. The other fish seems to be twitching occasionally but no change to his appearance.
* List entire medication/treatment history for fish and tank. Please include salt, Prazi, PP, etc and the approximate time and duration of treatment. None.
* You can really help us to identify with the concern more accurately if you post some pictures and a short video.
Basically, my fish started turning black, which after researching I believe to be ammonia burns. They were like little black spots and patches appearing over him. He began spending alot of his time just lying at the bottom of the tank. Then he developed a sort of white fur on him. My 'diagnosis' of a fungal infection was purely based on internet research so obviously it isn't that solid, if you believe it could have been something else.
Again, massive thanks for both of your replies I really appreciate it. Thanks in advance for any more help you can offer.