Hey, guys. I've been lurking around here for some time now and learned a lot from this forum.
I would like to have some advice now on my current situation.
First the stats:
* Ammonia Level (tank):0
* Nitrite Level (tank)0
* Nitrate level (Tank)10
* Ammonia Level (Tap):0
* Nitrite Level (Tap)0
* Nitrate level (Tap)0
* Ph Level, (Tank) (If possible, KH, GH and chloramines) PH 7.6
* Ph Level, (Tap) (If possible, KH, GH and chloramines)PH 7.6 Other Required Info:
* Brand of test-kit used and whether strips or drops? API drops
* What is the name and "size of the filter"(s)? Fluval G3, Aquaclear 70
* What kind of water additives or conditioners? Prime
* Water temperature? 19 celcius
* How often do you change the water and how much? 20% daily
* How many days ago was the last water change and how much did you change? today 25%
* Tank size (how many gals.) and how long has it been running? 40 gal, 1 year
* How many fish in the tank and their size? 3 fairly large (5 inches bodywise ), 1 medium (about 3 inches)
* What do you feed your fish and how often? 3 times a day, variety of food
* Any new fish added to the tank? No
* Any medications added to the tank? No
* List previous issues experienced (dropsy, SBD, etc.) No
* Any unusual findings on the fish such as "grains of salt," bloody streaks, frayed fins or fungus? One broken tail, one bloody eye for two fish
* Any unusual behavior like staying at the bottom, not eating, etc.? No
* List entire medication/treatment history for fish and tank. Please include salt, Prazi, PP, etc and the approximate time and duration of treatment. Thank was Prazied when first established, currently added a bit of salt.
So, here is the deal. 2 days ago my fishes desided to spawn. Big black moor played a father and was chaising my black oranda around the tank for 24 hours.
This was their first time, guy got overexcited, and since he is a bit clumzy, he slammed my poor oranda girl to the walls and plants quite hard.
In the process he managed to scrape one of his gill plates, and gave himself a bloody eye. And also broke part of my oranda's tail.
Moor's eye has just a bit of blood under his pupil, no inflamation, no bulging. Scrape on his gill plate is not bleeding, looks like part of his slime coat (skin?) came of.
On oranda's tail about 4 middle rays on the right part are broken about 1 cm from the base. Broken part is still attached to the tail from top side, and torn away from the bottom, so It's kind of flopping around when she swims. No bleeding.
They don't look stressed and eating well.
I did 25% water change this morning, and added half of recomended dose of salt. Is there anything else I can do for them? Any advice would be very much appreciated!