I have this fish- she's undergoing a name change but it's presently 'Yoshi 2' - for about a year and she has always had a bit
of a distended belly. I became concerned about it a while back when it seemed to have grown noticeably but as she is the quickest
and most agile fancy I've ever known, I left it alone.
I came home from a two-day absence today to find her pinned to the bottom of the tank, struggling to get up any higher and - I think - noticeably more swollen. She's eating well (peas at the moment), which is good.
I suspect she's female because two of my other fish have tried pretty persistently to try and mate with her - but to no avail.
So I am left wondering, could she be 'egg impacted'? Or might it be something more serious?
*250 Litre Tank
* Generally kept at 21 C, with some minor variance
* Water changes 50 % every week, sometimes more, treated with prime
* External canister filter rater at 1,000 lph with bio-media, different sponges, purigen.
* Diet consisting mainly of blood-worm and peas * Tank recently treated for ich with Malachite green * Four other - quite small - fish in tank.
* Checking water parms now, but generally stable 7.5 Ph, 0 Ammonia and Nitrites (will updated in a few minutes) Here is a video of said fish: